• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Lens De-lamination?

bossk7

Oakley Beginner
Hey,

Bought these 2 years ago and they have been in the box ever since. I used them for 2 runs and the lenses started to look funky... Bought in Chicago from an Oakley shop so legit. Why does this happen and is it normal?
A50E45CE-F540-43A8-83C6-224E5113731B.JPG

The lens coating is coming off. Delamination like this can happen, usually when the lenses are exposed to chemicals (and not cleaned) like sweat, sun lotion, hair products, skin oils etc...

Oakley might replace them for you if you have a receipt and you might someone nice at CS.

He's correct, Oakleys should always be kept in a vault-looking display case, and never actually worn, especially outside or if you have long hair.
Exactly, and if you are curious as to how they look on you, take a selfie while you have em´on...that way you will always have the memories right there on your phone.

..........but for God's sake, only have them on your face for max 5 secs, otherwise your skin oils will ruin them....and you must still remember to wash them thoroughly after you have taken that photo.

Also, don't ever think about blinking while you take that photo, a eyelash could fly off, thereby damaging the lens

Not true.

I have several pairs of Oakleys that I have worn hundreds of times that don't have a single mark on either lense. I properly clean the lense after each use and I never take them off my face during the period that I'm wearing them.

Back