• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley lens for low light fly fishing

Prosper

Oakley Beginner
I like to fly fish at dawn and dusk when it tends to be more productive. Any recommendations on an Oakley polarized lens color for fly fishing in lower light conditions? I have the Flak Draft Asia fit with Prizm Everyday lenses and they’re much too dark at dawn and dusk. I’m planning on getting the Prizm Shallow Water lenses as well when the budget allows. Thanks!

In low light, you don't need polarized lenses, there is no glare. You can try Prizm Shallow Water, as it's designed for fishing. At dawn and dusk the copper tones may still be too dark, but better than Daily. Prizm Low Light is a great lens, and very specific to dawn/dusk or dark overcast conditions. I'm not sure it's available for Flak Draft though. It is available for Flak 2.0 and a few sport lenses. It is a subtle rose that increases contrast a bit, but is very close to wearing a plain clear lens.

I guess the real question is, at dawn and dusk, do you really need sunglasses at all?

Last edited by a moderator:
I like to fly fish at dawn and dusk when it tends to be more productive. Any recommendations on an Oakley polarized lens color for fly fishing in lower light conditions? I have the Flak Draft Asia fit with Prizm Everyday lenses and they’re much too dark at dawn and dusk. I’m planning on getting the Prizm Shallow Water lenses as well when the budget allows. Thanks!

DWP!

1693ee61227fac1132ca024d63460996.jpg

Prizm Shallow is great, but when it gets dark polarized lenses don't help. Bronze polarized is great in medium light too

Back