• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley lens problem

Uranium

Oakley Beginner
Today I was riding my bike on morning. I wore Jawbreaker matte black with prizm ruby lenses. Suddenly rain started, it was just a little rain, i was still on my bike with glasses on my face. Then the amount of rain increased, so i decided to stop and put the glasses on my helmet. I didn't even notice that time, when the rain stopped, i was going to start again, then i noticed the lens. OMG it was heartbreaking, i loved the look of prizm ruby lens. I bought it previous year, only used once or two times before this and after just one ride, it became like this. My question is, is it common for oakley lenses to delaminate this bad? Or it just happen with ruby or fire type lenses?
IMG_20220703_145722.jpg

Today I was riding my bike on morning. I wore Jawbreaker matte black with prizm ruby lenses. Suddenly rain started, it was just a little rain, i was still on my bike with glasses on my face. Then the amount of rain increased, so i decided to stop and put the glasses on my helmet. I didn't even notice that time, when the rain stopped, i was going to start again, then i noticed the lens. OMG it was heartbreaking, i loved the look of prizm ruby lens. I bought it previous year, only used once or two times before this and after just one ride, it became like this. My question is, is it common for oakley lenses to delaminate this bad? Or it just happen with ruby or fire type lenses?View attachment 974582
Definitely try to get that replaced. That is not normal and it shouldn’t happen, probably a monday or friday pair.

Only time I have had that happen in the nose bridge area was with a couple of OG Radar lenses by pressing a bit too harshly to seat them, causing the lens to bend and end up like that. Just my 2 cents.

Yikes! That's insane... hopefully, you have the receipt or the purchase is tied to your Oakley account.

I suspect it could be due to manufacturing or previous damage to the coating that lead to the rapid deterioration of the coating. Hopefully, Oakley will take care of it! Good luck!

Not a Oakley defect..... remember these are sunglasses, not rainglasses.
Only a maniac would use them when it rains........

Oakley are innocent again 😇🤗

Back