• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Lover Here! Hopefully Future Employee.

Welcome aboard! Hope you land the Oakley gig once you hit your 18th.

A word of advice...once you have your PPL, go get your instrument rating as soon as you can. I can't tell you how many times I've been up and then some funky unexpected weather shows up or the marine layer rolls in while you're VFR. If I hadn't had my IR, I'd have been hosed. JFK Jr. would be alive today if he'd been instrument rated. Besides, there's no bigger adrenaline kick than nailing an ILS approach with a 300 ft. ceiling...popping thru and seeing the rabbit lights right in front of you all lined up. It's a rush.

Welcome aboard! Hope you land the Oakley gig once you hit your 18th.

A word of advice...once you have your PPL, go get your instrument rating as soon as you can. I can't tell you how many times I've been up and then some funky unexpected weather shows up or the marine layer rolls in while you're VFR. If I hadn't had my IR, I'd have been hosed. JFK Jr. would be alive today if he'd been instrument rated. Besides, there's no bigger adrenaline kick than nailing an ILS approach with a 300 ft. ceiling...popping thru and seeing the rabbit lights right in front of you all lined up. It's a rush.

That is my plan! I am going to hit the ground running right after my check ride. Hopefully I can get my IFR done by Spring 2014. Then I can graduate in almost 2 1/2 years!

Latest Posts

Back