• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
.maybe this is a good opportunity for you to ass some non-ladies pairs?
As far as I can tell I don’t have any women’s frames in my collection. Looking at the Lug Plates in more detail I still would not consider them as a woman’s frame. Even the name suggest a men’s frame. However I agree with you naming a men’s frame as Juliets through me off for a bit, but I got over it! Lol

I have the Polished Black / Prizm Ruby pair. I have worn them quite a bit lately. My Jeep Wrangler is red so the ruby lens match nicely. I bought them from a member on here for a great price. That being said I most likely would not have spent close to 200 dollars for them retail.

These are actually way smaller than I thought. I bought them last summer but they were way too small and had to return them. Interesting style but be wary of the size.

I got them (based on the high encouragement of several style conscious friends who saw me wearing them in the Oakley store) and people think they are very sharp. They look very different than the Ray Ban, despite some similarities. First, the shape is nothing close. Second, these are just front frame without really seeing the rear frame, which makes the illusion terrific.

The Kato is super cool to look at but, at least on me, they look terrible. They don't flatter virtually all the faces I've seen although they are very cool to look at, especially the nose piece area that is luminescent. The Juliets are cool as were the Romeos, but that's a whole different look.

My only complaint about the lugplate is Oakley's damn cheap use of O-matter with no rubber padding or just going all metal for heaven's sake. It's a metal front piece and the entire unit should have been metal, just like my Die Cutters, which are very sharp and solid. I paid much less than full price for my lugplates and, at least on my face, the shape works very well and that sunglasses imprint without seeing more is extremely sharp, flattering and eye catching without just being a spectacle for the sake of looking like a Battlestar Galactica Cylon.

Did some one scream Ray Ban? Never seen a more blatant copying by O!

View attachment 694079
Style of the Lugplate is much sharper and outspoken albeit similar. Most call them the Terminator glasses.
I've discovered that Oakley does sell replacement lenses but I don't know how they can be readily disassembled and replaced.

Back