• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley M-Frame (Commercial) With Prescription (Rx) Inserts: Sharing Session

Hey Isaac. Could you please help me with doing this? I don't get it from the pics and description. Thanks.

Hey Isaac. Could you please help me with doing this? I don't get it from the pics and description. Thanks.
@ayxng Isaac hasn't been logged in for over a year.

If you have the two pieces in your hands I think it would be pretty obvious as to what mods need being done. What are you looking to accomplish? If you have a Ballistic lens you should be able to bypass the work he did as the lenses are compatible with the RX carrier he used.

@ayxng Isaac hasn't been logged in for over a year.

If you have the two pieces in your hands I think it would be pretty obvious as to what mods need being done. What are you looking to accomplish? If you have a Ballistic lens you should be able to bypass the work he did as the lenses are compatible with the RX carrier he used.
I'm trying to do what he did with the Rx insert, but for my radar lock paths.

Ah, that's probably not going to be possible. The differences between the Radar pairs and M Frames include the fact that the M Frame lens contains a separable nose piece with structure, this is replaced by the RX insert and Isaac simply adapted it for use on a very similar lens than what it was originally intended for.

Hard to tell from just photos. The first one may be able to attach to the Radar's nose bridge, or have something added to it that will allow it to fit in place.

Hard to tell from just photos. The first one may be able to attach to the Radar's nose bridge, or have something added to it that will allow it to fit in place.
Do you think you could help me out on it? On what to do and stuff? Would the Rudy project ones work? Can you shoot me a text at 5107318577 ? Thanks

I have no clue what to do. The help I gave before was how the ballistic and retail lenses differed and how one might adapt a nosepiece to fit. I had the glasses. Not that I don't have Radars, but you're not talking about adapting a Radar item to fit a Radarlock, you're talking about third party products. An optician might be a better choice.

Do you think if i used super glue, and glued the insert to the nose part, would that work?

IMG_0426.jpg

Back