• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Welp, picked up a beater grey polar hybrid lens. Doesn't visually impair, but I also didn't see myself spending more ($30),the sake of experiment.

Not that I didn't trust Rust's word, but I'll second the notion that the lenses do fit in. In my experience it was less of a fuss than the native lens. Pulling it apart seemingly requires the same amount of force so I'm gonna go on a limb and say it should work for all practical intents.

A Sweep or M2 Asian cut would look best imo. Ultimately I can't say it got me interested in the frame again. I've considered getting rid of mine.

20150410_155820_HDR.jpg

Welp, picked up a beater grey polar hybrid lens. Doesn't visually impair, but I also didn't see myself spending more ($30),the sake of experiment.

Not that I didn't trust Rust's word, but I'll second the notion that the lenses do fit in. In my experience it was less of a fuss than the native lens. Pulling it apart seemingly requires the same amount of force so I'm gonna go on a limb and say it should work for all practical intents.

A Sweep or M2 Asian cut would look best imo. Ultimately I can't say it got me interested in the frame again. I've considered getting rid of mine.

View attachment 144025
So it's a M2 with a M lense?

It looks good tho ... Would a path lense fit/look good?

So it's a M2 with a M lense?

It looks good tho ... Would a path lense fit/look good?

I don't think there's a Path cut under the M line. Hybrid (which I pictured) or Heater would be closest. But yeah, it seems like the case that M-Frame lens does fit the M2 for sure. However in the OP, Rust also mentioned how Slash and Heater don't quite fit right to him.

They fit into the frame fine. They felt weird when wearing. The tighter fit might be something. I know the slash was on my forehead. I think the Heater just lacked the secure feeling of the normal M Frame with the shorter arms of the M2.

I did the same with my 2 pairs. Fit is snug but I like the M frame lense better than the M2, and the M2 frame better than the first so I combined the best of both worlds

I have since sold my M2. Let that speak to my feelings for it. And my disappointment on the support and variations for the frame.

If they make a pro with long stems I might be back in the M2 game. Or if they make any bigger lenses. M2 XL might be something I dig, so long as they don't Radar XL it and just add height-over-nose.

Did I see where they did come out with an M2 XL? Oakley clearly takes direction from Rustpot!

Loved the history lesson! Just ordered a pair of m2 for my first pair and love them! Will look into getting some of the m frame lenses now that I know they will fit

Honestly, I've never sold an M2 frame at all! Embarrassing I know. I've sold M frame, radar, and radar lock. I would have to get M and m2 lenses in hand to see what modification was necessary! This is a better job for a "hand cutter". But depending on what it Is I could probably do it.

Anyone have a picture of an m2 and M frame lens? So I can see the little flanges on it.

Back