• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Mad Science Lab Door!

That is thick! Did you thin it down? Did you spray the paint or just brushed it on? I just ordered a 16oz kit for a Rust Decay project I am planning for an X-Metal Frame. I have yet to receive it so I don't know what to expect.
The paint has iron particles in it. When I started mixing it with a wood stick it was obviously way to thick to roll. I used a spackle mixer on a drill. That got it down to a thick milkshake consistency. They do sell an extender. Brushing was out of the question without the extender. I see it clogging a sprayer and ruining it if the particles get lodged inside the nozzle or any other orifice. It dries FAST. If you are doing a frame Id try dabbing it on with a foam pad. That way you can keep the coats light and get a uniform texture. Work it slowly. It does clean up with water. Don't wash it out in your sink. Do it in a bucket and throw the water away. The rust particles will stain a sink unless your clean it real good. You gotta send me pics when you're done

Latest Posts

Back