• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Made In China

Would you still buy a pair of Oakley sunglasses made in China?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't blame anyone, it's just how the world works. However, I do get to vote with my wallet. I was very disappointed to find out that the Jupiter Carbon's and the Infinite Hero Plaintiffs were both made in China, and were marked on the frame as such. I did not notice until I got home with these. I made it a point when I purchased my Pit Boss 2's to ask. To Oakley's credit they told me what I already knew. Assembled in the US, most likely from foreign made parts. Being in business, I know just how much it costs to hire in the US. Like I said, it's just the way it is. With workers comp and extra benefits that our workforce is accustomed to, products would run around seven times more expensive to manufacture stateside vs foreign countries. Back to the question, Yes I do care. I get to vote with my wallet, but so does everyone else. I think that the results are clear, and my vote is in the minority.

Soon production will return to the west, as the Chinese are starting to demand higher wages. Companies are already looking to the next region of cheap labour, such as india. Maybe one day labour in the likes of the US or Western Europe will be most cost effective! Maybe thats a simplistic view of things, but everything tends to go full circle.

I bought a Jupiter LX Squared from 6pm and was a bit shocked to see the word China marked on the inside temples. The quality and workmanship looks ok but it would have been better if I had a USA made one to compare against. I would have preferred a Made in USA mark though.

It depends on the frame style. Only select pairs (at least for men) are made in acetate.

Doesn't really matter anyways because as mentioned before O-Matter frames are (now) made in China as well.

Latest Posts

Back