• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Made In China

Would you still buy a pair of Oakley sunglasses made in China?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would you still buy a Ducati/Ferrari if it is made in China? Kiddin. It's a wake up call to Oakley as a company. I hope they will not settle for China and someday see that all their products are made from there - like all other companies from whatever industry. Spare the sunglasses. Seeing that "Made in USA" adds more to the pride and satisfaction. IMO.

Would you still buy a Ducati/Ferrari if it is made in China? Kiddin. It's a wake up call to Oakley as a company. I hope they will not settle for China and someday see that all their products are made from there - like all other companies from whatever industry. Spare the sunglasses. Seeing that "Made in USA" adds more to the pride and satisfaction. IMO.
So let me ask you a question.

What is it about "Made in USA" that makes a product seem better? There have been plenty of things made in USA that has been worse quality than their overseas counterpart. To name a few:

- Clothing
- Automobiles
- Electronics

The place of production does not dictate the quality of an item, but rather how well the product is designed. Are there going to be a few items that don't make the cut? Sure. But that's the gamble you take when mass producing a product and that can happen anywhere, regardless of where it's made or who it's made by.

I think there's this stigma that ALL products made in USA are better and I don't know why.

So let me ask you a question.

What is it about "Made in USA" that makes a product seem better? There have been plenty of things made in USA that has been worse quality than their overseas counterpart. To name a few:

- Clothing
- Automobiles
- Electronics

The place of production does not dictate the quality of an item, but rather how well the product is designed. Are there going to be a few items that don't make the cut? Sure. But that's the gamble you take when mass producing a product and that can happen anywhere, regardless of where it's made.

I think there's this stigma that ALL products made in USA are better and I don't know why.

Did I mention if it's made in USA then it is better? Just saying that having that made in USA thing adds satisfaction and pride (no quality stuff mentioned) IN MY OPINION. If they can retain it - great. If not - fine as well.

You didn't answer my question. WHY is it better when it says Made in USA?

Does it make you all warm and fuzzy inside? Seems like you just made this thread so that you could rant about how much better USA made products are.

You didn't answer my question. WHY is it better when it says Made in USA?

Does it make you all warm and fuzzy inside? Seems like you just made this thread so that you could rant about how much better USA made products are.
Exactly! It gives me a warm and fuzzy, very warm.

969227_149054011961327_995754271_n.jpg

Ok there is the first pic i saw on internet about it.

I got the same sunglass and come with bag from chine and all stuff like my old oakley made in usa

This how i feel about it : Oakley has a huge HQ in S. Cali and as long as all those thousand of people still have jobs and no layoffs, I don't mind if some of the parts are being made in other countries. But if they decide to move everything overseas and layoff tons of people from work then I would instantly stop buying oakleys.

Back