• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley "Made In USA" Question

Dustin McGraw

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys, so as many of you may know, i got a pair of Flak Jacket XLJ's the other day, polished black with fire iridium. But i was wondering something, i hear a lot about how Oakley glasses say "made in USA" but no where on my Flaks does it say "made in USA". I know they're not fake because i bought them at an oakley outlet for $162 with tax.

Did Oakley stop putting "Made in USA" on their glasses?

Just checked the box, here's what it reads "Designed and Engineered by Oakley, USA" "Made in US". the box is filled with the oakley inc "oakley.com/signup" card, warranty car, extra nose pieces, soft vault, and the glasses, everything's there except the usa on the er sock

10843.jpg

Look in the center on the earsock that's on the right stem. Click the picture to view it in detail.

Your glasses are legit. I wouldn't worry about it.

Guys, just emailed Oakley about it and they sent this back:

Hello Dustin,

Thank you for your email. The Oakley Flak Jacket sunglasses are produced solely in the US, but the product does not feature the imprint on the ear sock. If you’d like to ensure that the product is genuine we recommend visiting a nearby authorized dealer www.oakley.com/dealers. Thank you for your time and have a great day.

Best regards,

Ryan Thomas
Customer Service Representative II

OAKLEY, INC

WWW.OAKLEY.COM

Last edited by a moderator:
Batwolf is right...your glasses are legit. Bought them at an Oakley dealer, you have all the necessary things in the box. I really would not worry about it. It IS however a bit peculiar the Made in USA isn't on your earsock, considering even my custom flaks have it. But who knows....Oakley may have taken that off very recently. o_O

Back