• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Magnesium Switch

I have a complete mint Mag 4 and love it. Maniac is right, it's an every now and then pair but the finish is beautiful, and the fire lenses that come in the mags are the coolest looking of all I've seen imo. Something about the solid orange with no yellows.

I second that the orange lenses are stunning. It may also be due to the fact that they're pretty flat - when they "light up" they really flash a dazzling orange iridium. It hasn't been said yet but the Mag Four and Mag Switch fit best on smaller heads.

The Mag Four seems to be slightly smaller than Juliets. I have a pristine Mag Four and wish it fit me just slightly better. As I understand it the Mag Switch fits like a Juliet.

How about the HATCHET? I recently picked up a pair and love them. Does the coating on these come off pretty easy>

The Hatchet is an aluminum frame with a totally different coating. The mag frames are magnesium with ceramic coating. The Hatchets will wear well, just beware the hinge issues and the fact the aluminum is unforgiving, they will dent easy and bend if dropped

Last edited:
I have a switch and a four. They are both awesome pairs. But as stated they metal is very suseptable to sweat and they bubble and corrode. They are pretty much display pieces. I only wear mine during winter and if I feel like I am going to sweat, they come off. Everyone should own a pair of switches though, if possible as they are a really great example of how Oakley pushed the boundaries with regards to style, design, materials and craftsmanship. To bad the experiment kind of failed on these.

great info on the magnesium frames but should it be in a different section - dont want to cause any confusion. x-metals are a different beast altogether!

perhaps mags could have their own section?

Any clear coating that can be applied on the frame of magnesium switch to prevent corrosion and flaking from sweat contact?

Back