• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Making Augmented Reality Glasses!

The only "augmented reality" glasses I can imagine ever wanting are ones that overlay a simple "laser" image on whatever my gun is pointing at. Finally, we will be able to hit **** while dual wielding!

I admit the limited AR available through something like the Yelp app's Monocle is very basic, but I can see huge potential in AR, beyond just HUDs. I can imagine taking a walking tour of Boston and having all the historical points pop up as I look at Paul Revere's house or Old Ironsides. I can see walking down the middle of the local shopping mall, and when I look over at Sunglass Hut, an inventory drop down list appears. I stare right at the list item of "Oakley" and the Oakley sunglasses available in that SGH appear. Then I look at another area of the SGH store window and the hours, contact information, and the current sales representative's names appear. Then I look at the AR item for "My Account" and it is highlight/selected. Then I blink twice and it charges my card for the Oakley's I found moments earlier via AR. Then I select either "pick up in store now" or "Have mailed to..." and it is accomplished, all without my having to even enter the store.

I dunno, just musing the future here, but I can see where it isn't outside of the reasonable realm of possibility.

Latest Posts

Back