• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Mars 1 owner find + backstory.

The backstory on this Original Owner Mars Hidden Gem

As many of you reading this know. I been trying to get my Mars repaired for years looking for a Right Orbital.

Welp around late January the Xmetal bug hit me hard.

So I was on the hunt to buy a pair of MARS. But to my shock the average value of Mars & Craters were 700$-900$ ( Thanks to the Last Dance documentary )

I just couldn't wrap my mind around paying that much for sunglasses to WEAR.

I'm the proud member of the
The He-Man no Shelf Whore-Haven Club

I searched high low plus my hunting holes no luck at all.

So I reverted back to my old nightcrawler days bam found one hiding on Craigslist..

@Slojack can attest. I love a HUNT capture them in the wild hard to aquire.

Like in 2016 the Orlando craigslist XMETAL XM Pennies everyone wanted @Slojack helped me pull off the Ocean 11s heist great story & tread.

I couldn't believe the price & WHY none of yall scooped them up + this has to be a scam.

I messaged the person over a few days & the something was off. It felt like I was emailing someone my mom's age but they wanted me to download the house party app to see the glasses live...

I was like I'll play along. But I was skeptical.

I had seen them before from a buy sell group early in the summer of 2020. The same exact wording, pictures and they were listed as sold. My scammer antennas were totally up.

Come to find out it was an eccentric sweet old lady. She was cleaning out her adult son's room and decluttering the house during the pandemic.

She showed the Mars and bundle two other non xmetals. (Could be another xmetal.

After video chatting and getting a back story of her selling things on marketplace & Craigslist. Her son who works for Boeing in Qcalifornia sent me a PayPal invoice & she even paid the shipping

All she asked was don't low ball her on 500$ firm

She had approximate value of their worth with but no real buyers since posting them for months on marketplace / craigslist she was discouraged.

I didn't have the heart to negotiate. $old, $old

In my eyes they were already undervalued.

Her only other mom request was after getting the glasses was to Houseparty video chat so she could see me wearing them.

Moral of the story

1. There are still good people on craigslist and other platforms.

2. Daily wear pairs are going to be rare.

3. Sometimes asking these low post /semi new members for help do you a solid in another state is like crabs in a barrel.

( Looking to steal or mess up a deal)

I am the original owner of these Oakley Vintage Mars X Metal sunglasses. I purchased at one of the early Oakley sales over 18 years ago. They are in mint condition and have never been used or worn. They have become a great collectors item for anyone wanting to add to their growing Oakley collection.

These glasses come with an Oakley microfiber bag, no box and no coin. The model number on these glasses are MO23404.

I am sorry but there are no returns, refunds, or haggling with this item, all sales are final. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks for stopping by to have a look at these great glasses.

* Background Notes: The X-Metal MARS glasses were first introduced in 1997 and was originally fashioned after the needs of Michael Jordan, then a Board Member of Oakley. The "X" in X-Metal stood for the 5 metal alloy composition, though the exact details are top secret to this day, hence the "X".
7cc86a18f8f16339e1ef1447bbf0460c.png
Screenshot_20210125-021318.jpg
9642c27c4740c8fa842a4b7f9ec71389.jpg
12680ebc976d39b55b06683bcba42cc1.jpg
7a0b23b59d39d58a62d3f82e66fe9245.jpg
d1094f9c084ddc86f47f512ffddd8344.jpg
b8b3f8ca1dbda8f58db975c1d6c35f54.png

I completely forgot about picking those up. Very loose, so I couldn't decide if Penny's fit me. They don't. Good to see you are still hunting.

I tried several times over the last couple years to buy those when I lived in Richmond but never even got as far with the seller as to see them. Since I only lived about 15 minutes from them I got frustrated and gave up. Glad to see somebody finally got their hands on them.

Back