• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Mars

I just thought of something.

What about a car that has keyless ignition? Say a new corvette for example? No key. Just a fob. ;)

Throws a whole monkey wrench into the key in the ignition thing. But I'm guessing just make sure the car is off. :p
I'd say it's an easier for the 5-0 to get you a care and control with a fob and button system... I've seen some defences that suggested that the client was so drunk he couldn't possibly find the keys, put the correct key in the ignition and find the strength to turn it correctly to start the engine...

With a fob he doesn't even have to know what pocket it's in or even put the correct key in a tricky ignition... You simply have to sit and press an illuminated button and off you go ...

Which means care and control is a much simpler a to perform and may make it easier to prove in court.

I'd say it's an easier for the 5-0 to get you a care and control with a fob and button system... I've seen some defences that suggested that the client was so drunk he couldn't possibly find the keys, put the correct key in the ignition and find the strength to turn it correctly to start the engine...

With a fob he doesn't even have to know what pocket it's in or even put the correct key in a tricky ignition... You simply have to sit and press an illuminated button and off you go ...

Which means care and control is a much simpler a to perform and may make it easier to prove in court.
Don't forget stepping on the brake or clutch too. ;)

Funny fact...I've rarely seen DUI's in manual cars ... I never considered that before ... Hmmm

And pressing in a brake or clutch pedal requires much less fine motor skills (which tend to go 'bye bye' when wasted) than pulling out your ID or putting a key in the ignition...
It's harder to hold your Bud can while shifting brotha.