• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Oakley matco 4.0 wall case damaged

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

I have a Oakley matco 4.0 wall display case I purchased from a member here. It was damaged during shipping and is unusable to me. See pictures. Currently the door does not open. I am selling this for $100 or best offer and anything this sale grabs will be sent f and f to the seller. He filed a claim with UPS and it was denied so he is out the money. If you can use this for parts or feel like restoring it it is located in Albuquerque. Will not ship
IMG_20220602_132920603.jpg
IMG_20220602_132858600_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220602_132853476.jpg
IMG_20220602_132853476.jpg
IMG_20220602_132848719.jpg
IMG_20220602_132842012.jpg

IMG_20220602_132905509_HDR.jpg

Some people reacted to this post.
That sucks.

Username Hidden said:
I have a Oakley matco 4.0 wall display case I purchased from a member here. It was damaged during shipping and is unusable to me. See pictures. Currently the door does not open. I am selling this for $100 or best offer and anything this sale grabs will be sent f and f to the seller. He filed a claim with UPS and it was denied so he is out the money. If you can use this for parts or feel like restoring it it is located in Albuquerque. Will not shipView attachment 966747View attachment 966749View attachment 966750View attachment 966749View attachment 966749View attachment 966750View attachment 966751View attachment 966752

View attachment 966748
This hurts my soul.

Sorry folks trying to PM me. cleared the inbox

Sad

Last edited:
Good ole UPS strikes again. I'm guessing the packaging wasnt great either but UPS is the WORST to deal with when filing a claim.

Thanks Bud.
A Thank you to all those who purchased and paid F&F even without me asking.
It was only fair to refund back the buyer for not receiving what was expected.
FYI (those who questioned packaging technique) The OEM packaging was well taped with all relevant inserts and styrofoam.

Username Hidden said:
Thanks Bud.
FYI (those who questioned packaging technique) The OEM packaging was well taped with all relevant inserts and styrofoam.
If it were the correct OEM packaging the claim should not have been denied. The problem is that OEM packaging is not designed for multiple uses. The integrity of the box breaks down and damage is more likely. Now... if it got dropped off the conveyor or ran over by a truck all of that really doesnt matter in theory. Sucks either way.

Username Hidden said:
If it were the correct OEM packaging the claim should not have been denied. The problem is that OEM packaging is not designed for multiple uses. The integrity of the box breaks down and damage is more likely. Now... if it got dropped off the conveyor or ran over by a truck all of that really doesnt matter in theory. Sucks either way.
This thing had massive amounts of weight topped on it. Enough to bend the wall tabs

Username Hidden said:
Thanks Bud.
Its surprising that it made it all the way from Chyna in this packaging but cant make it one state over without UPS effing it up. The packaging even says fragile