• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
We review everything to know about the Oakley Medusa Goggles and Helmet including where you can find one!

History and Background

The Medusa is one of the most wild designs Oakley has made in its 40+ year history. It consists of two distinct pieces—a helmet and goggles. But it’s not your everyday helmet for biking or skiing, it’s something…else.

Introduced in 2002, the Medusa Helmet, made of leather and costing a hefty $500, looks an awful lot like something you would see at Burning Man.

Oakley was well aware that the Medusa would not appeal to most customers, but they wanted to stretch their experimental wings.

Pictures do exist of two single-piece prototypes of the Medusa, one rumored to be worn by Oakley founder Jim Jannard. But it’s safe to assume that they are locked up somewhere snug by now...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Just to add to the information above, I recently found out that there were roughly 1000 goggles made, and roughly 500 helmets made. This information was given to me by one of the local Oakley Store Managers who remembered hearing that during team meetings!

Just to add to the information above, I recently found out that there were roughly 1000 goggles made, and roughly 500 helmets made. This information was given to me by one of the local Oakley Store Managers who remembered hearing that during team meetings!
Not sure if that is true or not as googles are more rare to find than the helmets.

$4,000? If only I knew.....
c.2011
P9301470.JPG

Back