• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Medusa

revrace

Oakley Beginner
Hi Everyone,
I am new to this forum but I have been an Oakley Medusa "Fan" for many many years. I have been trying to get some information on the Medusa Helmet and Goggles such as......

What years were they sold?
How many were made?
Were there different lenses available for the goggles?
Is there any sort of advertisement or brochure available?

I would appreciate any and all information. I am really just curious about the Medusa, but I can't seem to find much information online. I even called Oakley and they were very helpful but couldn't give me much information.

Thanks
Brandon

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think there was a count on how many were made or sold, it was not a serial numbered item either. So I would think that only a production manager from way back would have any idea or even a general idea at best. I could be wrong, but I have done a fair share of asking around over the years as well. Advertisements for the Medusa have never been seen by my eyes and I have been collecting for more than 12 years, if there was one out there be sure that you would be fighting a crowd led by me to get at it...lol

I don't believe there was a set number, but I know it is not a lot of them. Someone like @xmetalmaniac might have a better idea.

I know I'm ressurecting a dead thread, but am kinda curious myself :)

This one has me stumped.

Oakley will tend to be very helpful on old or rare items; but the problem is often they rely as much on you guys (the fans) and the likes of Oakley Review for information, as they do keeping their own information in all honesty.

I know that Oakley did serial type number the software line. Just as shirts and pants during manufacturing have a number stamped on the opposite side of the label. If the medusa has one it may shed light on the item as to providing info cross referenced in an archive someplace.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413975857.039250.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413976049.490888.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413976069.648937.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413976115.924556.jpg

I pulled some random shirts and the label has a serial. Just a thought.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413975806.064166.jpg

I don't think they do but I'll check tomorrow. Mine is missing its size label but I've owned another and this simply said 'S' as I remember. Mine is a large and only has the oakley O black and red label, but I'll have a look. I'll check the goggles also while I'm at it.

Latest Posts

Back