• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley metal vault cases - inner foam care??

CrazyALee

I should Work at Oakley
CA, USA
Hello Oakley community. For those that have the metal vault cases, how do you care for the foam inserts? Do they just deteriorate over time due to use? or exposed to elements? Heat/moisture?

If you keep opening and closing the box, would it wear out the very midddle thinner foam that covers the hinge?

Thanks in advance!

adf.JPG

as far as i can tell they just start to deteriorate over time, i have a collection of these and some are new in the box, but still the foam has fallen appart.
opening and closing it isnt really a problem.
the thin foam on the bottom dose tend to go first, when you squash it is dosnt bounce back very quickly and evently it will be useless.
i am in the process of getting replacement foam cut by a custom foam cutting place if you are intrested i can always get an extra one cut if you need a replacement.
Ali

as far as i can tell they just start to deteriorate over time, i have a collection of these and some are new in the box, but still the foam has fallen appart.
opening and closing it isnt really a problem.
the thin foam on the bottom dose tend to go first, when you squash it is dosnt bounce back very quickly and evently it will be useless.
i am in the process of getting replacement foam cut by a custom foam cutting place if you are intrested i can always get an extra one cut if you need a replacement.
Ali

wow even brand new in box ones deteriorate?? thats crazy! maybe they were stored in a heat/moisture prone area? very interesting, thanks for your response!
I dont need a replacement at this point but if/when I do, I'll let you know, thanks for yoru help!

it is new but has been stored for a few years as these have not been sold in a few years.

Latest Posts

Back