• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley MFrame Prescription

Yep. That’s what I used for my m frame 2.0. And I bought a second one and modified it for the original Mumbos. I guess the answer to my question is “yes, it’s compatible with 2.0 and 3.0 lenses.” 😁

here is a pic of the two different nose pieces. Both are the u-Rx nose piece. The one on the left is the original, the one on the right is modified to work with the original m frame lenses. I use JB Weld to fill in, and sanded it down smooth.

273E7653-FF16-4B44-99D1-255A1491B45E.jpeg

here is a pic of the two different nose pieces. Both are the u-Rx nose piece. The one on the left is the original, the one on the right is modified to work with the original m frame lenses. I use JB Weld to fill in, and sanded it down smooth.

View attachment 794758

I don't see the difference.

Right now I am working on getting the helo attachment to work with the u-rx insert. I saw the post but I am still a bit lost with how much to take off

The ones the left is the original. It fits the m frame 2.0 and 3.0.

The one on the right has been modified. You should see the mod in the area where the lens goes. It is filled in with JBWeld epoxy. I filled it in and sanded it down until it fit the original m frame lenses.

the two nose pieces are facing each other, so the fitting for the lenses are right next to each other.

The ones the left is the original. It fits the m frame 2.0 and 3.0.

The one on the right has been modified. You should see the mod in the area where the lens goes. It is filled in with JBWeld epoxy. I filled it in and sanded it down until it fit the original m frame lenses.

the two nose pieces are facing each other, so the fitting for the lenses are right next to each other.

I see it. How does it hold up with the original lens?

Any chance we can get a photo of them on to see the offset with the adapter? Is there a significant gap around the shield?

i was real careful with keeping it tight. and JB Weld is super strong. strongest glue i ever used. tensile strength in the specs is higher than any i have seen. i have worn it on half dozen lenses or more. if it ever fails (which i doubt it will) , i will sand it back down, insert a metal pin, and wrap the glue around that. That is how I repair broken sunglasses, and they have withheld multiple lens inserts. 👍

i was real careful with keeping it tight. and JB Weld is super strong. strongest glue i ever used. tensile strength in the specs is higher than any i have seen. i have worn it on half dozen lenses or more. if it ever fails (which i doubt it will) , i will sand it back down, insert a metal pin, and wrap the glue around that. That is how I repair broken sunglasses, and they have withheld multiple lens inserts. 👍
I’m sorry, I meant gap around the shield from your face. We discussed that they sit further away because of the bigger nose piece. I was curious how they look on. The work looks fantastic and exactly what’s needed.

Latest Posts

Back