• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Minute 1.0 earsocks

PMG75

Oakley Beginner
Hi all.

Well it didn't take me long to ask for information.

I posted on the introduction section a couple of days ago, as mentioned then I have now ordered some new lenses, I also said I had boiled my silicon sleeves as they were a bit greasy, this did seem to work, however over three days I noticed it was appearing again.
I will try a few more attempts to boil them but I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of somewhere to buy some.

I don't mind even if there are some socks that are a very close fit that I can modify for the raised logo on the Minute legs.

I have googled and searched this forum, I found a few old sales and some posts but from 2015 and further. Someone also mentioned something about a silicone putty.

Any info is much appreciated.

Thanks, I will give it a go. When I say I boiled them before, I just put them in a pyrex bowl and tipped kettle boiled water over them, then stirred them and left them a while.

Now you say to add vinegar I'm thinking I should have used a saucepan and left them bubbling around, is that what I should have done?

Also does it matter if it's white or brown vinegar. Cheers

Thanks, I will give it a go. When I say I boiled them before, I just put them in a pyrex bowl and tipped kettle boiled water over them, then stirred them and left them a while.

Now you say to add vinegar I'm thinking I should have used a saucepan and left them bubbling around, is that what I should have done?

Also does it matter if it's white or brown vinegar. Cheers

Yea throw a pot on the stove with water and vinegar (doubt it matters what kind but I’ve used white) and let boil on high for 15-20 min. Check them afterwards as ones that are worse off might need longer boil times

Yea throw a pot on the stove with water and vinegar (doubt it matters what kind but I’ve used white) and let boil on high for 15-20 min. Check them afterwards as ones that are worse off might need longer boil times
Brilliant, I will have a go at that tomorrow morning...

This has worked wonders, thank you.
I am very pleased, however my 10yr old son isn't, he came staggering down the stairs at just after 7am into the kitchen coughing, said the smell woke him up and asked if he could put a face mask on.....

Don't know what he's on about, I used to love vinegar and tuna sandwiches lots of vinegar on chips.

Sorry for off topic waffling, but thanks.

This has worked wonders, thank you.
I am very pleased, however my 10yr old son isn't, he came staggering down the stairs at just after 7am into the kitchen coughing, said the smell woke him up and asked if he could put a face mask on.....

Don't know what he's on about, I used to love vinegar and tuna sandwiches lots of vinegar on chips.

Sorry for off topic waffling, but thanks.

No problem buddy, glad it helped you save a set of socks!

Hey everyone, I had some difficulties finding some minute 1.0 ear socks so I ordered some M frame earsocks and hacked them up a little and it seems to be a pretty decent fit. (Excuse my shoddy cuts it was my first attempt haha)
Hopefully this is helpful

ABB57CF7-F901-4644-97DF-B3D5875E9DE8.jpeg

197D9A83-151E-412C-B81C-4C30CE68F36C.jpeg

3AAC9E02-0E8E-4DAD-BA61-7322DDD69264.jpeg

Back