• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
We review the Oakley Minute Sunglasses plus break down the differences between the Minute and Minute 2.0!

History and Background
First released in 1998, the Oakley Minute sunglasses are a classic design that led Oakley’s lineup through the late 90’s and 2000’s. Between 1998 and 2011, Oakley ultimately released three variations including the Minute first generation, Minute 1.0 and Minute 2.0.
Keep reading as we review all three generations of the Minute Sunglasses. Plus we’ll answer your top questions including where you can still buy them!
Oakley Minute (1st Generation)
Introduced in 1998, the 1st Generation Minute was only made for a single year. It’s also important not to confuse the 1st Generation Minute with the Minute 1.0 (the designation used for the 2nd Generation).
Minute-Sunglasses-1st-Gen-1024x462.jpg
Rear View of Oakley Minute Sunglasses – Photo: eBay
Frame and Design
The 1st...

Continue reading...

Attachments

• Minute-Sunglasses-1st-Gen-1024x462.jpg
    Minute-Sunglasses-1st-Gen-1024x462.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 395
Last edited:
Thanks for the article.

I find the Minute 2.0 is incredibly comfortable for me… it’s my favorite frame.
  • Similar to the original XX Twenty in fit.
  • slightly smaller than the Straight Jacket 2.0 (2007) in fit.
  • super durable. I think the frame will last a lifetime.
  • doesn’t have nose rubber so slightly less grip (compared to XX Twenty or Straight Jacket 2.0) but also one less thing to replace.
  • Plenty of aftermarket Rubber and Lenses available, but the icons are very hard to find/replace.

In comparison the Minute 1.0 is slightly smaller than the Minute 2.0. I find it fits similar to the Valve 1.0 or Unknown. It does not have nose Rubber/Unobtainium.

My perspective on size:
Straight Jacket 2.0 > Minute 2.0 > Minute 1.0

Latest Posts

Back