• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Mistakes

Holbrook7

Oakley Beginner
Just a quick question about Oakley mistakes,
I know they're quite the find and a big collector's deal but is it mostly a Frame mistake? For example; a guy came in to return a King's Camo Radar claiming it was a mistake, but it was just the lens that didn't have the etching of the King's Camo symbol. But how can you prove that's a mistake being that you can switch lenses? so is it more frame mistakes?

and since I haven't really seen a thread I was wondering if any of you all had some Oakley Mistake pairs out there and could show the forum what they look like.

thanks!

I don't have pics, but i've come across a Polished/Fire Polarized Juliet that didn't have the "Polarized" etching on the left lens. I did confirm the lenses were in fact polarized.

There's also a YouTube video that Dann Thombs did on his Platnium/24k Plate. If you watch the vid, at the 3 min mark you'll find out that his icons are actually missing from his pair.

Oakley Reviews Episode 15: Plate Platinum / 24K Gold Iridium - YouTube

I know Oakley quality control (or any company's QC) isn't perfect. Mistakes do get missed. It's just something that's inevitable in any manufacturing process.

As for lenses, that's a tough call. Yes, the standard VR28 is available as an accessory lens, so the guy could have wanted a 2nd set with the Kings Camo Etching and just bought a standard lens to "make the trade". But as a retailer vs. consumer, IMO it's usually better to side with the consumer as you don't want to anger your clientele and hurt sales.

Latest Posts

Back