• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Mod 3 Mod 5 release date?

I got to try on a few samples at a trade show and I'm also friends with a rep and he gave me one to use on a trip last March but I could take it as I just didn't like the fit as much as my Giro.
Thanks @Oakley for life!
I'm bumping this thread because the search button doesn't reveal any other reviews of the Mod 3/Mod 5. What made the helmet uncomfortable for you, @Oakley for life? And which giro were you using?

I’d be interested if @NoFair or @Tidezealot have any comments about them!

I was going to buy one of these blind because I, like you, like the brand.....but I'm having second thoughts now. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:
Thanks @Oakley for life!
I'm bumping this thread because the search button doesn't reveal any other reviews of the Mod 3/Mod 5. What made the helmet uncomfortable for you, @Oakley for life? And which giro were you using?

I was going to buy one of these blind because I, like you, like the brand.....but I'm having second thoughts now. Thanks for the heads up.

The 5 is nice, fit was good, pretty light and it worked well with my Airbrakes and Canopys. I'm currently wearing a carbon fiber Sweet protection Rooster helmet (the one in my profile pic) and it is better. Retail on that is more than twice the Mod 5 though...

Thanks @Oakley for life!

It just didn't fit right and felt like I was wearing a big motorcycle helmet or something. I wear a Giro Seam helmet. Its an older model but it is just so comfortable.

Latest Posts

Back