• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Mod 5 in Xl...Non existent..WHY?

RTX2080

Oakley Beginner
Hiya guys, I have been trying to find the Mod 5 in an XL for months and everytime I get nowhere? I have contacted dozens of retailers here in England and they all say the same more or less ' We dont stock that size' Seriously who at Oakley thinks that everyone is a S/M/L?

I wanted to kindly ask please if Anyone knows a retailer who either stocks the XL or can order me one as I have almost given up?

It shouldnt be like this where customers are having to chase around for stock? I can imagine I am not on my own and I almost bought from another company their helmet but this one is the one I love.

Many thanks.

Oakley Mod 5.jpg

Hiya guys, I have been trying to find the Mod 5 in an XL for months and everytime I get nowhere? I have contacted dozens of retailers here in England and they all say the same more or less ' We dont stock that size' Seriously who at Oakley thinks that everyone is a S/M/L?

I wanted to kindly ask please if Anyone knows a retailer who either stocks the XL or can order me one as I have almost given up?

It shouldnt be like this where customers are having to chase around for stock? I can imagine I am not on my own and I almost bought from another company their helmet but this one is the one I love.

Many thanks.

View attachment 591175
Have you contacted Oakley directly?

Hi Lexkempo, Yup sure have. and didnt get a reply which is very unusal? It might of been blocked by my email client? so Ive facebooked them today, Thanks for your time.

Oakley helmets, both the Mod3 and Mod5, are available in sizes Small, Medium and Large only. They do not make an Extra Large.

ChaseU, Thats my whole point? The Mod helmets aint cheap so it looks like I'll be buying an alternative from another company, Its madness they (Oakleys) are loosing business due to this silly decision....Cheers for the input anyways.

Agreed, I totally understand your frustration.

Since I started riding again a few years back I’ve only worn a Mod5 and didn’t even consider to try on another brand. I really like the look of the helmet and will likely buy another.

That being said, most ski shops don’t have a ton of good things to say about the Oakley helmets. They complain that they are priced quite high and really don’t have any proprietary features that set them apart from the other brands. I seldom see any Oakley helmets on the mountain.

Thanks again for the reply, Thats really intresting what retailers are saying about Oakley helmets? Well I am between Two minds to either go for the 'Smith Vantage MIPS' or the 'Dirty Dog Crator' (Khaki color) helmet...Oakley can run and jump.

Cheers again.

Those both look like great helmets. I don’t know anything about Dirty Dog but my buddy runs a Smith Vantage and really likes it. He said if you break one of their helmets they have a decent replacement policy in place which offers 40% off your next helmet.

Sweet Protection is much better. Lots of options and sizes (even XL)

The mod5 is fine though, have you tried the L? Afaik it goes up to pretty large head sizes...

Back