• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Moon - replacement parts and options

Oh nice, rarely seen Oak Moon. The lens is the same fit to Mars. But sorry, we don't have any rubber or other parts for this frame.

Having tried just now to fit a Mars lens into a Moon orbital, I can categorically state THEY DON'T fit Moons however the reverse isn't true: Moons lens did fit the Mars, but only due to the gap could be 'filled' by closing up the orbit, whereas the Moons are a set orbital.

I can categorically state THEY DON'T fit Moons however the reverse isn't true: Moons lens did fit the Mars
Having tried just now to fit a Mars lens into a Moon orbital, I can categorically state THEY DON'T fit Moons however the reverse isn't true: Moons lens did fit the Mars, but only due to the gap could be 'filled' by closing up the orbit, whereas the Moons are a set orbital.

GREAT GREAT HELP Funky-Tristar, thank you very much for trying all this and sharing it with us!
I really appreciate being in-between freaks like you, having the possibility to just check and and also feel like doing it!

Thumbs up.

GREAT GREAT HELP Funky-Tristar, thank you very much for trying all this and sharing it with us!
I really appreciate being in-between freaks like you, having the possibility to just check and and also feel like doing it!

Thumbs up.
N.P.
Even though the Mars lenses don't fit the Moon frame, with a bit of sanding and or cutting, the lens could be made to fit the Moons! Seek help from the 'cutters'.......

Hey Harold. You owe it to Yourself to try them on once and take a selfie. The only thing is, if those orbitals twist even a tiny bit they will break, so I guess don't try them on unless You have a teeny tiny p-nut head! You've seen pictures of my disasters.
One thing. Just gluing the orbitals NEVER holds, but I saw that one of the restoration guys on here spans the crack with a water slide decal to secure then, and paints them to cover up the evidence. The thing is, after that repair, they are only good for display, but really that's all that they can do with them anyway.
Some other news on my collection efforts. I have decided not to fight the inevitable hinge battle with MadMan, and I have returned them to the seller. The good thing is, I am replacing, them with either a mint pair of Juliets, or possibly a nice pair of Mars. As much as I loved my MOONS, I think I may have to go with MARS and JULIET with ICE BLUE.
I think some ICE BLUE might just look cool on a pair of MARS too. We shall see what happens. But, I have read far too many people who put their madmans in a drawer because the hinges no longer allow themtemples to give You the three point fit. I really thought that I could make them work for me, but people who know a lot more about Oakleys had major failures, so why would I have any better luck than they did with theirs?

Last edited:
Back