• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Hey everyone,

For those of you who own and use the Oakley MSK3 with their Oakley sunglasses, and looking for a cheaper but effective option of protection, the Oakley MSK3 can also work as a great and comfortable Mask Fitter / Mask Brace, as recommended by the CDC.
The only downside is the surgical mask sticking out a bit on the side and especially at the bottom, but at least you'll get good protection in comparison to cloth masks. Check out our latest review for more details and additional tips.

Cheers!

I just got mine and generic N95s totally fit with a little finessing.
What kind of n95? 3m? Surgical ones (green) or industrial kind (white with exhaust valve)?

i'm still waiting for mine to arrive. I watched a video and i think kn95 would be a perfect fit

What kind of n95? 3m? Surgical ones (green) or industrial kind (white with exhaust valve)?

i'm still waiting for mine to arrive. I watched a video and i think kn95 would be a perfect fit
image.jpg

These

I've been experimenting and these work way better with the Oakley mask if you peel off the metal nose strip. Leaving it on seems to interfere with the MSK3's metal strip and kept my prescription frames from sitting properly in the channel.
Does this KN95 mask, when used as a filter, collapse to your mouth/face as you inhale?

Or do they stay in place when inhaling, thus keeping good space between your mouth/face and the filter?

The Oakley filter which is very thin has the tendency to collapse and press against the mouth when inhaling.

Does this KN95 mask, when used as a filter, collapse to your mouth/face as you inhale?

Or do they stay in place when inhaling, thus keeping good space between your mouth/face and the filter?

The Oakley filter which is very thin has the tendency to collapse and press against the mouth when inhaling.
I've watched your reviews before on the msk3 and other filters. Which is the perfect bang for your buck filter that i can buy for the msk3 and without trimming the sides for it not to show when wearing?

I've watched your reviews before on the msk3 and other filters. Which is the perfect bang for your buck filter that i can buy for the msk3 and without trimming the sides for it not to show when wearing?
Thanks for watching.

The Honeywell filters are the cheapest and fit very well, but require a bit of trimming, so I would say they are the best bang for the buck since it's literally $1 per filter. Unfortunately, the seem to be sold out on Amazon in the links I provided in the description.

The SoomLab are a bit more expensive as per my links in the description, but are re-usable up to 10x since you can disinfect with alcohol, but because they are black you don't need to trim the little bit sticking out since they blend with the mask itself.

• Starting to get some minor fraying on the straps. I'd be inclined to believe I don't induce too much wear on my mask, but I guess it a bit expected with the material.

Usage is probably like most people here: when I go into a store (which honestly isn't much) or just pick up at a restaurant.

At the office it's hardly on since I have my own closed space.

• Strap clips start to come out of adjustment more often now as well.

• The middle seam of the filter was already noticed as a weak point at the bottom, and can easily start to split if not careful, but it seems midway through the span it just inevitably gets weak as well. Noticed water increasingly finds a way through. This definitely has to be revised into a single-piece design imo.

My overall opinion is still same as before, though. Give it realistic expectations and I guess the limitations of time and resources for R&D, it's not bad. Every part of this product is reasonably finite in lifespan. I have like 2 more reusable filters left. Wonder how the housing looks after that.

Latest Posts

Back