• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Week 3 for me.

Don't want to be an echo (hell I forgot if I already posted what I'm about to say), but I'm in agreement with recent conversation: there's a big misunderstanding with this product and the expectations.

Simply put this is probably just a bit better than your regular non-rated disposable mask...if it fits right.
In reality, your best protection is distance, but if your current work makes this a challenge, this is not the mask.

The filters are just a big question mark in their worth. At best this is a filter housing, and even if I feel it forms to my face, it's not creating a truly intentional seal. I'm just lucky the ear strap design works for me because I can see why people don't really like it.

Upside merits are really just the reusable aspect of the filters, and they probably work better than say, a cloth alternative you have to throw into the laundry every so often. This is all assuming you actually stay on top of cleaning. The shaped packaging mold is actually kinda useful. I use it as a dust cover while the filter is drying.

I did get extra filters, 4 to be exact. Not the best performance option, but in total I have a supposed 125 uses. Money stretches a bit for this semi-serviceable approach as I deliberate what to do next. There's questions about the new strains and how they transmit, so maybe the endless hopefulness of a publicly-available, proper N95 mask is just taking away from big picture thinking.

Money I put into more filters or possibly disposable higher grade products, and gas can just go into delivery services. I'm not trying to steer this into some distancing campaign, but I mean really: if you really want to steer clear of risks, then literally stay away.

I just got mine today! $34 from OakleySI.com, thanks to previous posts in this forum. (Btw, do you know if the discount codes are one-time use?).
I really like the fit and so far it prevents my glasses from fogging up. Tomorrow I'll be out in the field in the 15 degree temps so it'll get a real test against fogging. How do you guys find the comfort after long periods of wear? So far even with the straps all the way out it's pulling on my ears pretty good.

I just got mine today! $34 from OakleySI.com, thanks to previous posts in this forum. (Btw, do you know if the discount codes are one-time use?).
I really like the fit and so far it prevents my glasses from fogging up. Tomorrow I'll be out in the field in the 15 degree temps so it'll get a real test against fogging. How do you guys find the comfort after long periods of wear? So far even with the straps all the way out it's pulling on my ears pretty good.
The code I had was 1 use.

There’s a strap you can buy that connects the ear straps across the back of the head that will help with that.

Saw this on big screen at Buffalo Wild Wings ....

B9A66D68-EB49-4DA0-A703-928E7874F95B.jpeg

Latest Posts

Back