• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Mumbo/ M Frames / M Frame Pro

cactapopalos

Oakley Beginner
(Reposting because something went wrong when I tried the first time):
I have a selection of M frame lenses (unsure what generation): I have about 4 different Heater Lenses that all fit my M Frame perfectly (again, unsure which generation, see 1st photo with brown lens). I also have an M Frame Pro and 1 lens which fits it, although the frame has since cracked after trying to fit in a lens that was too big. The lens that fit the Pro is too small for the standard M frame.

IMG_5385.jpg

IMG_5386.jpg

I recently bought (second hand) what was advertised as an M frame heater lens to go into my normal M Frames: it arrived in original packaging with Mumbo style earsocks, which had me worried. I checked the fit on my normal M Frames, and sure enough it is too small, it comes loose in the centre, and is in no way a snug fit (see photo with blue lens). I tried it on my (broken) M Frame Pros and the fit seemed better.

IMG_5387.jpg

IMG_5388.jpg

My questions are:
1. Are there 2 different sized lenses (by size i mean how they fit in a frame , not different shapes etc): one size that fits M Frame Pro and Mumbo frames, and another, larger size, that fits standard M Frames?
2. Is there a trick to make on of the smaller lenses fit in a standard M Frame?
3. More generally, how do I tell what generation my M frame and lenses are, and how do I tell what will be compatible with what?

(I'm aware that there are some differences between generations and lens sizes, and nose pieces too, but can't find an explicit clear info online).

Thanks!

Back