• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley New Releases | Spring 2014 - Due April

Anyone have any information on the Scuderia Ferrari Collection "Carbon Blade" coming out tomorrow?

Regarding the Carbon Blades... When I ordered mine today [one of each] the Ferrari's were in the system, so they could be ordered, but were not yet available to ship - but then again neither were any of the others :headbang:.

The consensus from the reps this morning was that they will ease in availability of the standard editions over the next week or so, then the Ferrari's will be a week or two after the rest.

This is a lot different than what I had been previously told - that the Ferrari's were going to be in-store only specials, not available online or by phone. I am not sure if that was intentional misinformation (last week) or sales reps towing the Luxottica line, out of touch with what Oakley was really doing with these. I had even called around to a few stores and no one seemed to really know. The stores all expected them to arrive last week or over this past weekend so they would be ready to sell Tuesday morning 1st thing - that obviously did not happen, at least not in the Mid-Atlantic market here in the USA.

Now that my order is in I am expecting the matte carbon/grey polar to arrive first, followed by the rest of the standard editions within the next week or two. Just my guess based on the conversations during the order today. This theory is supported by the fact that the website was still greyed out for ordering any of these this morning. I had to call in and go through a manual process.

I just checked a few minutes ago and I see that the matte/grey is now clickable, but none of the other standard editions are.

Also the Ferrari edition is now a searchable SKU OO9174-06
Oakley Special Edition Ferrari Polarized Carbon Blade | Official Oakley Store

They will get here eventually - I have a space in the cab waiting for them - no rush, no worries - when they arrive it will be Christmas in April... or May

I've waited this long, almost there... :neo:

I think making them all polarized is a good approach. I know some folks out there disagree, some strongly disagree! Many because they can't read their smartphones while they are driving and what not, that's a shame...

Besides, if they made a bunch of non-polars I'd have to buy all of those too :cool:

Wonder if my 35% off will work on the Carbon Blades? Guess I'll be calling tomorrow to find out :)

I think making them all polarized is a good approach. I know some folks out there disagree, some strongly disagree! Many because they can't read their smartphones while they are driving and what not, that's a shame...

Besides, if they made a bunch of non-polars I'd have to buy all of those too :cool:
I have no issue with polarized only as most of my pairs have them or a polarized secondary lens were available. Just wondering aside from the lens etching and lens color if there is anything truly significant to the Ferrari over the other pairs to merit a $100 difference. Are they going to only do a 4000 piece run or unique case, etc.

Last edited:
I have no issue with polarized only as most of my pairs have them or a polarized secondary lens where available. Just wondering aside from the lens etching and lens color if there is anything truly significant to the Ferrari over the other pairs to merit a $100 difference. Are they going to only do a 4000 piece run or unique case, etc.

I asked about that today - the run, how many will there be - no one knows and if they do they are not telling. There will also be others like the Fuel Cell, Garage Rock, etc... I can't imagine them making as many as the others but at some point you gotta figure they put it in a fancy box with a CF watch and/or $1500 bottle of scotch, get someone to sign a few... there won't be many of those.

Another aspect may be the lenses. I presume the standard blades will have lenses that can and will be replaced, but the Ferrari's.... Like the IH? perhaps not??

Back