• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley New Releases | Spring 2014 - Due April

Yeah, there is that too - not all CF is the same - very true!
Actually, a lot of the well known bicycle mfrs(Trek, Specialized, Cannondale etc.) use carbon fiber frame made from China and Taiwan. Their lower end(cheaper) frames are made in Asia while their top of the line models are made in the US.

Actually, a lot of the well known bicycle mfrs(Trek, Specialized, Cannondale etc.) use carbon fiber frame made from China and Taiwan. Their lower end(cheaper) frames are made in Asia while their top of the line models are made in the US.

:offtopic: somewhat, but related, I know a guy who had a Trek full frame carbon bike snap like a twig. The guy did a bunny hop and it just went o_OTrek eventually replaced it, but with a bike from another plant - my friend was told they had a QC issue with the fiber in that run, from a plant in China - go figure!

In contrast I have seen items made of CF 'on the range' survive explosions with little if any damage to the CF components. I doubt that Trek frame would have survived...

...and NO - I am NOT gong to try to blow up one of the CBs as a QC check on the CF (I figured I would make that clear now, no need to ask)

Now... :focus:

nhv5vs44.jpg

na9l3q4e.jpg

Damn it why r these fc'c too big for me i have 2 desert camo and 3 woodland flaks using tungsten gold and vr 28 black thee r awesome frames u got there... Where? Oh there they r yup...

Latest Posts

Back