• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Noob Looking For His First Juliets

sean_illes

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys. I feel like Romeo looking for my Juliet! I do have three pairs of Pro M Frames, some Radarlocks, and WindJackets, but alas I never did buy an X-Metal...until now.

I am a total noob to Oakley X-Metals. As I mentioned in the general thread, when I was about 13, I wanted some Oakley Juliets so badly. Of course, my parents weren't going to buy them for me, and for whatever reason the years passed and I forgot about my fair damsel.

Fast forward to just recently when I popped in my copy of Blackhawk Down. There they were! Beautiful Juliets. Nevermind the fact that they hadn't been released until at least a few years after the events in the film! Anyhow, I am now obsessed with getting a pair of my first Juliets and to be honest, I'm a bit overhwelmed with where to start, and I'm just a bit worried about getting hosed on a fake pair (much less worried about paying a few too many dollars).

Anyhow, any tips on getting started with some Juliets? What's a good starter pair? The ones I want to get are like the ones in blackhawk down.

I saw these on ebay, what do you guys think? Look good?

Hope I'm obeying all of the forum rules, and I look forward to chatting with you all!

Sean

Do learn to research tell tale signs of a fake before you buy. Check the seller feedbacks if he has sold juliet and other xmetal before. Beware of the copycat they look authentic into a newbie eyes. Dont settle for a beater pair, get yourself one that has a tight nosebridge and a minty lens. Better yet buy those advertised as new if your budget suits you.

eBay is proably your best bet. Lots of inventory to choose from. My advice would look at the are these fake thread here on the forum. Learn as much as you can and buy from someone with good feedback who sells lots of Oakley's. Good luck!!

Hey guys. I feel like Romeo looking for my Juliet! I do have three pairs of Pro M Frames, some Radarlocks, and WindJackets, but alas I never did buy an X-Metal...until now.

I am a total noob to Oakley X-Metals. As I mentioned in the general thread, when I was about 13, I wanted some Oakley Juliets so badly. Of course, my parents weren't going to buy them for me, and for whatever reason the years passed and I forgot about my fair damsel.

Fast forward to just recently when I popped in my copy of Blackhawk Down. There they were! Beautiful Juliets. Nevermind the fact that they hadn't been released until at least a few years after the events in the film! Anyhow, I am now obsessed with getting a pair of my first Juliets and to be honest, I'm a bit overhwelmed with where to start, and I'm just a bit worried about getting hosed on a fake pair (much less worried about paying a few too many dollars).

Anyhow, any tips on getting started with some Juliets? What's a good starter pair? The ones I want to get are like the ones in blackhawk down.

I saw these on ebay, what do you guys think? Look good?

Hope I'm obeying all of the forum rules, and I look forward to chatting with you all!

Sean

Welcome. Here's a thread on spotting fakes:

Oakley X-Metal Authenticity Checklist | Oakley Forum

And don't be afraid to ask for help on a specific pair here, there are people who have bought enough x-metals to know the fakes.

I can't blame you for falling for Juliet though, I'm in the same boat!

All great advice so far! I would probably place a "Buying" add in the X Metal Exchange section when you are able to. There are plenty of forum members here who would consider selling you a good pair of Juliets! Remember that condition is everything. If the nose bridge is floppy, its gonna cost you $60 to have it tightened. Lenses aren't cheap either. eBay is a great place to start, but buying from a forum member may be cheaper in the long run and you are more likely to get an honest/accurate description of the glasses.

I have to say thank you so much for the warm welcome! It's really exciting to be a part of the Oakley community! Truly happy to start spending all of my money on some sweet sunglasses!

Best regards to you all and thank you so much for your help!!!!

Sean

All great advise, I would have to agree with the don't buy a "beater" sentiment. They seem cheap, but the rehab gets expensive. You have fallen for one of the most sought after colorways though. Do some research, ask questions and find ones for you! If they don't quite fill the need... buy another pair.:cool-20:

Latest Posts

Back