• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Oil Rig

time2fly

Oakley Beginner
I've been looking at purchasing a pair of Oakley Oil Rigs recently but am wondering how they fit compared to other similar Oakleys like Fuel Cells? They seem like a fairly large frame, but I'm concerned that they may be too large. I currently have a pair of Radar Paths, that fit well, though a little large.

All opinions are welcomed!

These are the pair I'm looking at: Oakley Custom Oil Rig | Official Oakley Store

oakley_oil_rig.png

I have a small head and these are a great fitting pair. They look awesome fit awesome, one of Oakleys better Omatter pairs.

Never bought a pair, but I have tried them on in a few stores. The biggest surprise was how small they are. In pictures/websites they seem HUGE! But when I first saw them in an O store, I am constantly surprised at how moderately sized they are. The best test I always suggest is just trying them one, but maybe some other members can chime in. I know @BAPD77 has a bunch of Oil Rigs...

Love the pair they are by far my favorite frame. I own some where between 4o different oil rigs. They are a larger frame with a shield lens. They fit amazing and don't allow any light to get in. There has been a few times I've seen them fit weird on people sometimes. But for the most part they fit well for most people. It's one of oakley's most sold lifestyle frame

Again, not trying to insult anybody - the thread was created without knowing what people's opinion would be. And personally, who gives a f*ck what that opinion is?!? Isn't that part of the Oakley Attitude?

And that's why I posted that old thread here - I would hope y'all Oil Rig fans wouldn't give a f*ck about that but still be able to get a laugh out of it. Because that's one of the things I think is important in life - humor... :D

I'm not pissed I was just chimming in also. I mean national douche day I pull out my white tpain oil rigs to flash it off. I was just saying I think all sheild lens give that douche look

I've been looking at purchasing a pair of Oakley Oil Rigs recently but am wondering how they fit compared to other similar Oakleys like Fuel Cells? They seem like a fairly large frame, but I'm concerned that they may be too large. I currently have a pair of Radar Paths, that fit well, though a little large.

These are the pair I'm looking at: Oakley Custom Oil Rig | Official Oakley Store

View attachment 115764

View attachment 115764
To tell the truth, I believe that the original Oil Rig is the better of the two: it's lines are unflustred, pure and work so well. The New Oil Rig is too fussy and cluttered. Just my tuppence worth.

Latest Posts

Back