• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Penny Repair Warning UK

Ben Maidment

Oakley Beginner
Hi,
I've joined this forum to warn anyone off of a particular website claiming they can fix your loose bridge for Penny's and Juliet's in the UK: Oakley Penny Juliet Bridge Repair

I sent mine away to them and received them back in an absolutely horrible state. I've owned my Penny's for 12 years and looked after them for that time.

While they made the bridge tighter again, their methods have absolutely disgusted me. Seems that they have used a small pair of pliers to pull the nose pins through instead of pushing them. Whilst they have done this they have made an absolute mess of my pins and scratched the bridge itself. The pins don't even sit flush on the bridge any more because the heads are in such a bad state.

I expected to send my glasses away and receive them back in the condition they were in. What they actually did to the flex couplers scares me.

Since receiving them back I have ordered new pins and couplers from Line Gear in the hope another company can correct this "bodge" job.

I apologise to X-Man for not using him as he was the first person to get back to me for this repair, I was just reluctant to ship to the US since I'm in the UK. It's a shame Oakley took over two weeks to e-mail me back since their UK phone number doesn't work. They said they could have fixed the looseness of the bridge for £27.50.

I currently have a Paypal case open with this company that I used so hopefully I'll get my money back but it'll never compensate for the damage done to my beloved Penny's.

20150702_174432_zpsj0hn9zaf.jpg

20150702_174548_zpsihfwgrm9.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,
I've joined this forum to warn anyone off of a particular website claiming they can fix your loose bridge for Penny's and Juliet's in the UK: Oakley Penny Juliet Bridge Repair

I sent mine away to them and received them back in an absolutely horrible state. I've owned my Penny's for 12 years and looked after them for that time.

While they made the bridge tighter again, their methods have absolutely disgusted me. Seems that they have used a small pair of pliers to pull the nose pins through instead of pushing them. Whilst they have done this they have made an absolute mess of my pins and scratched the bridge itself. The pins don't even sit flush on the bridge any more because the heads are in such a bad state.

I expected to send my glasses away and receive them back in the condition they were in. What they actually did to the flex couplers scares me.

Since receiving them back I have ordered new pins and couplers from Line Gear in the hope another another company can correct this "bodge" job.

I apologise to X-Man for not using him as he was the first person to get back to me for this repair, I was just reluctant to ship to the US since I'm in the UK. It's a shame Oakley took two weeks to e-mail me back since their phone number doesn't work. They said they could have fixed the bridge for the Penny's at £27.50.

I currently have a Paypal case open with them so hopefully I'll get my money back but it'll never compensate for the damage done to my beloved Penny's.

20150702_174432_zpsj0hn9zaf.jpg

20150702_174548_zpsihfwgrm9.jpg

awww damn. that's such a sick feeling.
sorry that happened to you bro.
hope you get compensated.

that is awful. i had seen this site before but not used their services - thanks for the heads up. from the pictures they look like they could still be rescued....

that is awful. i had seen this site before but not used their services - thanks for the heads up. from the pictures they look like they could still be rescued....

They fit like they used to, they are tight again but I don't how they fixed the couplers as I doubt they replaced them, probably just bulked them out.

I have to get them fixed properly and hopefully, you're right and they can be rescued. I can't have them in such a state. 12 years of careful handling for some muppet to almost wreck them with a "repair".

They fit like they used to, they are tight again but I don't how they fixed the couplers as I doubt they replaced them, probably just bulked them out.

I have to get them fixed properly and hopefully, you're right and they can be rescued. I can't have them in such a state. 12 years of careful handling for some muppet to almost wreck them with a "repair".
Send em to Xman,

He'll swap out the rivets for new ones and refinish the frame which should eliminate the scratches

Latest Posts

Back