• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Penny Repair Warning UK

Thanks for the heads up @Ben Maidment . Useful to know who/what to avoid out there. These items are not for amateur muppets to mess around with and ruin! Lucky it was just the rivets they messed up and the bridge was not scratched to hell. At least these can be replaced.

Luckily the damage wasn't worse and X-Man is on it! I've used his tune up service many times and I've never been disappointed. He can make these babies like new again. Well worth the money IMHO. Please post pics when you get them back! I'm sure you'll be happy with the results :)

I'd say they use a tool steel punch or drift with a flat nose to drive them in with a hammer. Tapping it in it will slip off, and being harder than the pin if they're not aligned the pin will start to peen and deform like that. Using a cup-tip and the appropriate hammer will yield better results, using a press would be better.

Thanks for all the reassurance.

I will send these to X-Man Monday morning who has also reassured me that he can get them looking like new again.

May take some time to get them over to the US and back to the UK but I will be sure to upload some pics once I have them back.

Glad people in the UK on this forum now know not to use this service.

Thanks again :)

Last edited:
I think what I may do in this case is help a brother out and do this job for free being that he's already out money and time. send them to me you pay shipping back and I will do the job on my dime......how's that for American hospitality....

An expert service for free? Now that is more than hospitality. @Ben Maidment, your luck just made 180deg turn. Nice one @X-Man.

Back