• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Penny Repair Warning UK

You will now find that parcelforce and Royal Mail charge import fees on anything declared at £18 or more, roughly $30 depending on the exchange rate! Then you get stung for the £8 handling fee as well!
I've been caught a couple of times with parcelforce still charging me import fees on items I've had sent to me at $30!

that's why they won't won't let the people of that country have firearms so they cant rise up against the tyranical forces you call the parliament,not that we're doing anything against our tyranical forces on this side the pond either though......but we could

looks like the guy used heat shrink tubing and rubber shims for nosebridge rubber.

Shocking! This case just goes to show, in regards to our firearm laws here, we might not have legal handguns in the UK, but we apparently have just as many cowboys now as you guys did back in the Wild West days!

This thread should be made a sticky for any future Brits/ Europeans looking for X Metal repairs before they end up going to the wrong place!

I'm extremely grateful to you Mark for sorting these out.

So the companies claims of replacing the grommets was absolute nonsense, since you'd expect a replacement to be like for like. I wonder how long they would actually have lasted before needing another repair and I wonder how many other people have suffered to this company.

Thank you again, X-Man :D

Only Oakley can use OEM replacement parts, if they don't release them otherwise. X-man doesn't use OEM parts, and his stuff ends up tighter than OEM, but it lasts longer, and can be worked looser if too tight. Really, his solution is genius. Simple, but sometimes that's the best form of genius... Much better than what this other guy used.

Enjoy!!!

I received my Penny frames back today and I just wanted to say thank you to Mark aka X-Man.

I am absolutely over the moon to have my old trusted sunglasses back with new pins and I am truly grateful to you for your time and expertise. Also, thanks to everyone on this forum who has contributed to this thread.

Finished_zpsun4j3hjb.png

Back