• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Penny Tune Up

music_man185

Oakley Beginner
i bought a pair of oakley penny's from ebay. upon receiving them, i noticed the nose bridge is loose. i called oakley customer service to find out how much a tune up would cost. they said that since the penny's are discontinued, they no longer carry the tools to service them and could not tighten them. is there no hope for them? i'm afraid to wear them now because they are already loose and there may be no way to fix them. they said that they could however offer me a 25% discount on my next purchase.

Thats what they told you?? Thats horrible...I have a set ive had since 03...and i wore them alot and they are loose as hell. I cant even wear them anymore. I always said i was going to send them in but this doesnt sound good!

I have taken 3-4 pairs of Pennys to Oakley HQ in the past few months and they have worked on them for me. Maybe you just talked to the wrong person or maybe because I am a frequent flyer over there they just took care of me because they know me? I would call again and see if you can speak to someone different in the service department...

Oakley Ron said:
Thats what they told you?? Thats horrible...I have a set ive had since 03...and i wore them alot and they are loose as hell. I cant even wear them anymore. I always said i was going to send them in but this doesnt sound good!

i was very disappointed too. i just bought mine and have only worn them maybe twice. even though they aren't bad yet, i wanted to get them fixed first. i guess i will try and sell them now.

FearGearGarage said:
I have taken 3-4 pairs of Pennys to Oakley HQ in the past few months and they have worked on them for me. Maybe you just talked to the wrong person or maybe because I am a frequent flyer over there they just took care of me because they know me? I would call again and see if you can speak to someone different in the service department...

i thought the same thing. maybe the woman i talked to didn't know what she was talking about. so i waited a little while and called back and got someone different. this time it was a man and he said he would have to talk to his manager. he came back and said the exact same thing. no longer carried the tools needed and would offer 25% off.

Interesting....that means the nosebridge on the Penny is different than the Juliet and the XX and Romeo 2 because 2 of those are discontinued but can still be serviced

i was a little shocked when they told me. i thought the penny and juliet were practically identical. i assumed the tool would be the same also.

does anyone with experience in this situation know how the 25% off works? do i have to send my glasses? and is it 25% off one frame, or my next purchase no matter how many frames? is it good until i use it, or do they have expiration dates?

If you call customer service they will do 25% without sending in the glasses. If you walk in, you need the glasses. I have heard a few things from different CS reps. One told me that every glass with the exception of the C-Six was eligible. Another told me that only stuff on the website that was not new release, limited, or elite. The press is the same for the Juliet and Penny. As long as there are no broken parts, they can just tighten up the nose bridge. I just got my penny's done a month or two ago. They do know me there as well but I don't think that should matter. If you are going to be in So Cal or know someone, I am pretty sure that if they were walked in they would be fixed. Good luck.

i live in NC, so i wont be anywhere near the hq. lol.

i think i will just go ahead and try and sell them on ebay and use the 25% to get something else.

i was very disappointed too. i just bought mine and have only worn them maybe twice. even though they aren't bad yet, i wanted to get them fixed first. i guess i will try and sell them now.

i thought the same thing. maybe the woman i talked to didn't know what she was talking about. so i waited a little while and called back and got someone different. this time it was a man and he said he would have to talk to his manager. he came back and said the exact same thing. no longer carried the tools needed and would offer 25% off.

I called up Oakley and asked if they could do a tune up for my pennys, and they gave me the same answer as everyone else, the woman suggested purchasing Juliets as Oakley continues to repair those with the upgrade offer. After thinking about it for a few hours, I called up again asking about the Juliet Ducati and then I mentioned that I was thinking of purchasing these since they can't repair the pennys. The CSR said he can't do a full tune up on the penny's, but he can do a PARTIAL tune up, meaning the rubber nose/ear socks won't be replaced. So guys, you may have better luck if you ask if they can do a partial tune up, I forgot what his name was but he said it was a gray area and he'd try to help where he can. the costs was half of what a tune up would normally run for.

Hope that helps.

Latest Posts

Back