• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Penny W/ Bloody Red Lens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

throwbackchampion

Oakley Beginner
Recently Got an extra Oakley Penny Plasma frame from my brother w/c he kept for display a long time ago. Anyways upon receiving it yesterday already customized it w/ my Ultra Deep Ruby (+Red) Lens, Now it looks quite Bloody Good

Photos:
5795220147_3c457543b0_z.jpg

5795779858_1d48dba286_z.jpg

:D

that looks good. is that positive red iridium? +red always looks more blue/purple to me. never seen it look red like that before

Recently Got an extra Oakley Penny Plasma frame from my brother w/c he kept for display a long time ago. Anyways upon receiving it yesterday already customized it w/ my Ultra Deep Ruby (+Red) Lens, Now it looks quite Bloody Good

Photos:
5795220147_3c457543b0_z.jpg

5795779858_1d48dba286_z.jpg

:D

Hi man, I'm always a big fan of your collection.....I recently got myself a Penny which I am currently making it out to look like the one you shared here... got a question though, the Penny I got was also described as non serial plasma frame, and was a bit surprised when I found out that there is supposed to be only titanium frame for Penny and no Plasma, the titanium and plasma look very similar though... Now I'm confused? Is it really titanium colored frame or a plasma colored frame?Thanks

Hi man, I'm always a big fan of your collection.....I recently got myself a Penny which I am currently making it out to look like the one you shared here... got a question though, the Penny I got was also described as non serial plasma frame, and was a bit surprised when I found out that there is supposed to be only titanium frame for Penny and no Plasma, the titanium and plasma look very similar though... Now I'm confused? Is it really titanium colored frame or a plasma colored frame?Thanks

Titanium. There was no plasma.

Titanium. There was no plasma.

Hi there qtrain, just my thought exactly, it is not a plasma but a titanium colored frame, but like the pic above and some internet pic I've seen, the titanium color for penny seems like a plasma colored one, and the Penny I have compared to plasma xsquared I managed to look upon in one local O-store here has a very little difference in color.Am I making sense here? lol
Can you confirm for me that the titanium color for penny is like a plasma color on other x-metal model? I definitely am 100% sure,although a non serial, the Penny I got here is a legit/authentic one.

They are kind of hard to tell apart if you don't know the difference. My Titanium Penny almost looks exactly the same as my X Squared plasma. But it is a fact that there was never a plasma Penny unless you have the X Man make you one!

They are kind of hard to tell apart if you don't know the difference. My Titanium Penny almost looks exactly the same as my X Squared plasma. But it is a fact that there was never a plasma Penny unless you have the X Man make you one!

Yea idk why the difference in names.

And even the x man doenst make a true plasma as it is some kind of coating hence all the issues with it peeling, etc.

the gen1 titanium and gen1 plasma were very different. utrent ones are different too but its harder to tell. gotta get your eye in

Yep.

But also, the titanium colorway is very different between Romeos/Juliet's and pennies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back