• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Penny X-Metal Ruby | FINALLY after 5 years of dreaming.

very nice pair bro.

i will say as someone who has been extremely fortunate to get a lot of sealed/new sets/ or open box sets. the gaskets disintegrating is part of the process.

They absolutely should of mentioned it. but any xmetal worn one time and put away 20 years plus, likely has this issue.

i would say to any1 reading this, to get a tune up regardless of the current state of it being new, in the coming months, because if you wear them a lot, it will likely happen fast.

just my experience with XX, penny and juliets.

Ultimately blessed and grateful to have acquired these absolute killer sunglasses, which was only a mere fantasy for me to just see one i.r.l (let alone OWN it.)

View attachment 1042531

Acquired them on eBay for $850 (unserialized....) Might have gone overboard for these, but I was unaware of Oakley Forum trading until after I bought them. 😪 Seller had specified them as 'New: Never Used' or something and upon receiving, the frames were in pristine condition.
- No scuffs ✅
- No marks ✅
- No dents ✅
- No cosmetic wear whatsoever. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Held up pretty well for a pair originally purchased in 2001.

View attachment 1042533
Lenses are 'Ruby' of course, but was never really a fan of them as it gave more of a 'Fire Iridium' tone to me.
I was taken aback by the Penny's size, as it did seem slightly smaller than what I'd expected (from reading product descriptions online). Sometimes they look small, sometimes they look just right on my face.

As an experienced X-Metal buyer, I already half-expected the nosebridge to be loose AF, and of course the rubber gaskets were disintegrating. Was not too pleased that the seller didn't mention about it. Had them sent to LG 🇯🇵 for service after that (superbly done, thank you LG!)

After that, I took the liberty of swapping the lenses out with LG's Penny Red Mirror Polarized lenses and I think they look a fair bit more spectacular now. 🙌View attachment 1042534View attachment 1042535View attachment 1042536View attachment 1042538View attachment 1042537
Sheeeeessssh; Very nice bro. Suits you well
Wanting one as well. Hopefully will get my turn. :)
Congrats

Latest Posts

Back