• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley photochromic = Transitions GEN 8?

Their ImpactX lenses, which is Trivex based, is a great lens.

I would also recommend looking into Zeiss prescription lenses and what they can do for you. There is a reason they have the reputation of being one of the best in the optical industry. Probably the best I have experienced. Hoya’s good as well.
I have those for my camera lens on few of my Sony.

Anyone got insider knowledge as to whether Oakley prescription photochromic is exactly the same as Transitions GEN 8? I like the sound of Transition GEN 8 reaction times, darkness and longevity, but like the look of the Oakley Iridium mirror finish. I'd only go with the Oakley Iridium if I know I'm not compromising on the photochromic performance though.

My suspicion that Oakley Photochromic = Transition GEN 8 got raised originally when I saw the in-store official Oakley order form at my local opticians that list all the photochromic options under a heading that states "Transitions", which is the specific brand name, although could also just be shorthand for photochromic. I just had a cryptic online chat with one of the major online glasses sellers where they said that "both Oakley and our lab use Transition Gen 8 lenses", but they then started backtracking...
You can't get photochromic lenses in prescription from Oakley anymore. The IT numbskulls left off the photochromic option when ordering prescription glasses. The worthless customer service agents just tell you if the ordering system doesn't allow you to select them, they are not available.

You can't get photochromic lenses in prescription from Oakley anymore. The IT numbskulls left off the photochromic option when ordering prescription glasses. The worthless customer service agents just tell you if the ordering system doesn't allow you to select them, they are not available.
you are kidding me? That is terrible , that is the most important lens in the Rx program because you can use them in all conditions, and both in and outdoors...... 🤦‍♂️

:rolleyes::mad:

I only see these Transitions GEN 8 lenses in flat sunglasses on their websites, Transitions GEN 8 lenses are not available to by placed in wrap design sunglasses?

you are kidding me? That is terrible , that is the most important lens in the Rx program because you can use them in all conditions, and both in and outdoors...... 🤦‍♂️

:rolleyes::mad:
I know. I have tried talking to several of their customer service agents. They don't know anything that their computer doesn't show them. Totally useless. I need the glasses made badly. I am also a vet so I get them reasonably priced. I think we should all call their customer service and flood them with complaints.

I know. I have tried talking to several of their customer service agents. They don't know anything that their computer doesn't show them. Totally useless. I need the glasses made badly. I am also a vet so I get them reasonably priced. I think we should all call their customer service and flood them with complaints.
Think you should go into a brick and mortar Oakley dealer, they might be able to order them for you, or at least get better answers from Oakley.

Back