• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley photochromic = Transitions GEN 8?

It sounds less like optical correction and more that you finally got some good AR coating applied. Glare and starbursts while driving really is not a thing if you got good AR coatings which any good brand with decent quality lenses will provide,

Also Oakley does not use the Transition brand for its Photochromic lenses. You would know it if they did because they would announce it. Transitions is widely regarded as the brand leader in photochromic. Oakley used to have a license agreement with Transitions about 12-15 years ago and had it on several models with the logo etched on. Then the Lux buyout happened and Oakley got off of Transitions. Now that Essilor merged with Lux, I woLux guess there will be integration of Transition back in Oakley stuff eventually.

It sounds less like optical correction and more that you finally got some good AR coating applied. Glare and starbursts while driving really is not a thing if you got good AR coatings which any good brand with decent quality lenses will provide,
You might not be aware of this side of Oakley and the Transition side as well. I think those statements you made need to be corrected as proof is shown.

DE57C98B-9D73-49F1-9F10-698BA5C85D6E.jpeg

23D28E7E-775B-4F51-842B-FE040E012983.jpeg

You might not be aware of this side of Oakley and the Transition side as well. I think those statements you made need to be corrected as proof is shown.

View attachment 882091

View attachment 882092

Not really a need to correct at all. You can get Transitions added to any lenses in the Essilor-Luxottica family as an Rx. That option is well known. I was referring to the Photochromic lenses in their regular sunglasses offered as standard lenses. I should have clarified. My bad.

View attachment 882091

View attachment 882092

oh and to answer your question about Rudy Project’s ‘customize your quality of vision‘ terms of what your second picture about pantoscopic tilt, wrap, vertex distance, reading distance and best corridor length detection? Yes they do for all their ophthalmic frames. What you have listed there is pretty standard industry stuff for digital prescription lenses. It is not making ‘changes to your prescription that was given by someone else’ as Tom. was asking about.

Last edited:
oh and to answer your question about Rudy Project’s ‘customize your quality of vision‘ terms of what your second picture about pantoscopic tilt, wrap, vertex distance, reading distance and best corridor length detection? Yes they do for all their ophthalmic frames. What you have listed there is pretty standard industry stuff for digital dispensing of prescription lenses. It is not making ‘changes to your prescription that was given by someone else’ as Tom. was asking about.
You said it’s all standard technology and I have two pair of the most expensive Nike Rx Transitions glasses you can buy and Oakley blows them out of the water and you say it’s standard technology. Show me another company offering it?

ok, hey enjoy your day and keep researching in a few months I will have my smart glasses and some others in from Oakley that will blown your mind… trust I will be back

Rudy Project for instance..

View attachment 882098
Please provide the same facts from their company from a actual customer vs some online made up sales pitch.

Do you own some? If so show the frames and lens plus the correction papers from them as well for the Rx. I have mine
I’m giving you a chance to exit with grace.
You ready

Please provide the same facts from their company from a actual customer vs some online made up sales pitch.

Do you own some? If so show the frames and lens plus the correction papers from them as well for the Rx. I have mine
I’m giving you a chance to exit with grace.
You ready

😆 in other words you are just grasping as straws. I get it. But hey, you were the one that posted the Oakley brochure first for your argument but cannot accept something that goes against what you say. Got it.

Say, do you even know what this ‘technology’ from Oakley you keep referring to? I bet you do not.

Back