• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Pit Boss disassemble

Did anyone figure out how to take it apart safely? The stems just snap off like most Omatter pairs, right?
Thx for any info as I am getting ready for a custom PB1
From Talking to other members
They push out, Small punch to start them then the plates pop off. I think they said the twisted them as well a little

Yep on all 8 of the customs they were removed to paint.
Sometimes they will just trist off but normally you have to push in on the pins and kinda twist. Hard to explain i guess. But they are just pushed onto the omatter part of the frame like radarlocks etc

Read more: http://www.oakleyforum.com/conversations/pb1-plates.155201/#ixzz3yt4om6Y8

Also info in this link on PB1 and the tools needed
Note unlike the PB2, the Icons can stay on a the PB1
Pit Boss 2 Disassembled

Last edited:
Reviving the thread to see if anyone knows how to remove the arms from either PB? When PBs are customized I assume the arms are removed to get complete treatment during the modification process.

It would be far more convenient if the stems came off but it's not worth the headaches. For me I just gently pry the plates off and its not something that should be repeated very often.. it always seems like they get looser every time it's done.. It's one of the most fun frames to paint. Good luck..and enjoy.

Thread revival. I am having a hard time to remove a PB I plate; I am thinking of pushing the plate out for example using a flat screw driver to help pushing the plate. But apparently hesitated to do so; don't want to damage the o matter below. My thump nail is very painful after several try.

@OakleyFreak : conversation can't be read by other than the person in there, unless you add a new member in. but you want to double check.

C8ADC216-8034-40FC-84DF-4A4C26EDE1EF.jpeg

Back