• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Pit Boss variations

alol

I am Jim Jannard...
United kingdom
Hi guys,
Apologies for this question as I know very little about the Pit Boss model(s) As they were, Like X squared Luxxotica creations at the time (2009?) I had very little interest in either of them. Am I correct in assuming there were 3 PB1 Combo's and can someone enlighten me on the difference & Combo's of the PB2.

Many Thanks

2 generations: PB1 and PB2:
- eventually 6 different models PB1, 3 standard combo's, the Tron, the Ducati and the Indy special (more limited) editions
- 3 different models PB2 AFAIK (and some Asian Fits)

Search for PB on the forum and you will find a sh*tload of discussions as they are very popular to be customised ...

Good luck in finding an "affordable" one 🙈

Thanks for that buddy. I think I would need to see someone wearing them & blag a try on before I contemplated buying a pair....

You can see and post pics in the “Oakley Sunglasses Discussion section” It’s funny cause it’s free.. before spending $$$ on a PB1

As I said looking at multiple pics from different angles doesn't tell me a lot. I would want to try some one before contemplating purchasing any.

As I said looking at multiple pics from different angles doesn't tell me a lot. I would want to try some one before contemplating purchasing any.
Unless you are a fussy person or they don't fit you, YOU WILL FALL IN LOVE with the quality and feel of these monoliths of Oakley design.

Unless you are a fussy person or they don't fit you, YOU WILL FALL IN LOVE with the quality and feel of these monoliths of Oakley design.

Yeah, exactly what Funky-Trixtar said. Pitbosses weren’t even on my radar. I was mostly an X-metal fan. I was shocked how well made and cool they are in person. I actually got a pitboss 2 first, because it’s more available. Super comfortable and light for such a bulky size. Then I was able to get my hands on a PB1 for a reasonable price. Definitely cooler looking but not quite as comfortable, but not uncomfortable by any means. They are great driving glasses, no blind spots. I usually use my PB2 for work and long drives and my PB1 now for days off.

That's the thing for me. The zenith of Oakley was/is Juliet, Switch & Penny. Had gold & Blk Iridium R1 & 24K XX at one time too. Only recently started thinking about X Squared & literally now PB. Only recent ish pair we have other than my metals & Mag are Five squared and straight jacket 2.0
There is literally nothing in the current/very recent range that remotely interests me. Like the look of PB2 Matte finish with Blk Iridium polarized. Seems to be a lot of the Rootbeer Tungsten with look a tad garish for me...... We'll keep a look out.

That's the thing for me. The zenith of Oakley was/is Juliet, Switch & Penny. Had gold & Blk Iridium R1 & 24K XX at one time too. Only recently started thinking about X Squared & literally now PB. Only recent ish pair we have other than my metals & Mag are Five squared and straight jacket 2.0
There is literally nothing in the current/very recent range that remotely interests me. Like the look of PB2 Matte finish with Blk Iridium polarized. Seems to be a lot of the Rootbeer Tungsten with look a tad garish for me...... We'll keep a look out.

My three PB's are relatively new to my collection. Think I bought them late 2018. Wasn't interested at first, until I bought the first two pairs(Matte and Polished Black pair), I saw they selling fast, so figured, if I don't like them, they would be easy to sell for at least what I paid for them. When they arrived, I realised all the superlatives about them were true. So bought the Rootbeer pair also, for a bit more than the other two, but still competitively priced.

Back