• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Plate from the Iron age!!! Must see!!!!

OakleyOneKenobi

I am Jim Jannard...
UK
Check these out! Who said Plate were made of O matter? Lol.

$_57C8KCHM0B.jpg

$_57GR06DWYP.jpg

$_57J6YLQFPO.jpg

$_57OBQ3RCSF.jpg

$_570ENCSPTN.jpg

$_570W7HAL37.jpg

$_579QVQR3YO.jpg

$_5775JUT5DO.jpg

Apparently they were custom pimped by some crazy German. Its all real rusty iron. No idea how they got it to stick?

Modern Masters sells a rust reactive paint. The primer is an acid blocking base which prevents the metal top coat from attacking the substrate. The top coat has iron particles in it. Once you apply that you spray it with the activator they sell. It's a salt etching solution. The iron particles rust in about 2 hours. You are supposed to apply the perma sealer over it. These don't look sealed. The iron particles continue to oxidize over time. Wouldn't want that getting in my eye. Super effect though.

Modern Masters sells a rust reactive paint. The primer is an acid blocking base which prevents the metal top coat from attacking the substrate. The top coat has iron particles in it. Once you apply that you spray it with the activator they sell. It's a salt etching solution. The iron particles rust in about 2 hours. You are supposed to apply the perma sealer over it. These don't look sealed. The iron particles continue to oxidize over time. Wouldn't want that getting in my eye. Super effect though.

Thats something that would always concern me. Thus I wouldnt wear them.

Latest Posts

Back