• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Pliers from Costco

MiltonStark

Oakley Beginner
Just got Oakley Pliers frame from Costco for a steal (paid $90, $253 on Oakley site, $160 currently on Amazon). Seems like it was the only pair there. I saw the cashier tag the display ones I tried on in order to get sent off for my lenses to be installed. Is this normal? I was hoping to get new frames that other people haven’t tried on and not from the display case. I’m not too concerned especially for the price I got them at. Another bummer was that when I received them I noticed it came with the original Oakley case but not the sock/sleeve for the frames.

After getting them, I haven’t seen the pliers on display again. So maybe I got the last pair? But don’t they order new pairs from Oakley? Could this pair have been the only pair they’ve ever had? If anyone knows how Costco does their logistics with frames, I’d like to know.

I've never seen Oakleys sunglasses frames at my local Costco. And I've looked for them before. Might have been an one off? I'll keep an eye on my local Costco just in case though.

Just got Oakley Pliers frame from Costco for a steal (paid $90, $253 on Oakley site, $160 currently on Amazon). Seems like it was the only pair there. I saw the cashier tag the display ones I tried on in order to get sent off for my lenses to be installed. Is this normal? I was hoping to get new frames that other people haven’t tried on and not from the display case. I’m not too concerned especially for the price I got them at. Another bummer was that when I received them I noticed it came with the original Oakley case but not the sock/sleeve for the frames.

After getting them, I haven’t seen the pliers on display again. So maybe I got the last pair? But don’t they order new pairs from Oakley? Could this pair have been the only pair they’ve ever had? If anyone knows how Costco does their logistics with frames, I’d like to know.

Costco takes advantage of “opportunity buys” from various optical companies, manufacturers , and distributors.... a lot of the name brand merchandise like designer frames you see are diverted stock AKA product that hasn’t sold through normal selling channels .. so Costco will buy up this stock at a discounted price ..

So if Costco finds an opportunity buy for 500 pairs of let’s say your oakley plier frame the buyers will negotiate a deal for them... but keep in mind with almost 500 warehouses each location will only get one of that frame ... creates a atmosphere of buyer urgency to grab it because of limited availability

Just got Oakley Pliers frame from Costco for a steal (paid $90, $253 on Oakley site, $160 currently on Amazon). Seems like it was the only pair there. I saw the cashier tag the display ones I tried on in order to get sent off for my lenses to be installed. Is this normal? I was hoping to get new frames that other people haven’t tried on and not from the display case. I’m not too concerned especially for the price showbox I got them at. Another bummer was that when I received them I noticed it came with the origi usps tracking nal Oakley case but not the sock/sleeve for the frames.

issue solved!!

Back