• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley POW/MIA Fuel Cell

Personally I think the IH Fuel Cell is loads better. These have cool icons but other than that they aren't that special.

To me, that is a letdown of what it could be. Very boring really. If that were up to me, it would have a killer pow/mia etching like the flags, maybe the traditional helicopter artwork down the insert of the stem, and on a matte black frame...Black lens for sure...

not to get ahead of ourselves, but I agree. It's a little bland for my tastes as a limited edition.

It's a lot bland as for the whole pow/mia theme. Everything I have ever seen for that has at least the logo to represent...If you didn't know when you bought it that it was in fact a pow/mia piece, you wouldn't know at all.

At Oakley, we pay tribute to those who served in our Armed Forces, and honor the memory of those that were lost. Oakley is a proud supporter of the National League of POW/MIA Families, and with the launch of this product Oakley will be making a substantial donation in support of the organization. I don't know how to upload the pic. There's the statement.
I find this rather funny, and sad. Now for this specific piece, okay, maybe...But all other "donated" type limited pieces, truth be told, the dealer is the one paying for the donation. The prices are hiked up so the end user pays more, but the reality of Oakley pricing is such that the dealer actually makes less than the normal 50% above wholesale. This is because the wholesale price is not the 50% usual, but more like 40%. That to me is absolute BS in them marketing anything as such. Dealers get hosed, end users get hosed, and Oakley still gets their 50%...Shady really.

Should have the flag/logo on it imho. I mean hell, if those Chopper dummies could plasma cut the logo into a freakin fender, why not laser it into a lens? :confused:
pow_flag.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Should have the flag/logo on it imho. I mean hell, if those Chopper dummies could plasma cut the logo into a freakin fender, why not laser it into a lens? :confused:
I absolutely agree. My only thought is that the artwork would be hard to fit without centering on the POW/MIA, and I think there's something about displaying the letters or logo for those who haven't been officially listed as such...

Especially since this is being sold through SI and may be passable for wearing in uniform.

should come with 2 lens sets at that point. One etched in Black, one service approved in Grey or Warm Grey...

Back