• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Did Oakley recently change their lens process? On their website, many of the sunglasses seem to only support -3.0 (My prescription is -4.0 in both eyes).

Some retailers (LensCrafters, SportsRX) seem to claim they can get official Oakley lenses in -4.0 though. Does anyone know what's going on here?

[…] If you’re looking for Prizm Ruby prescription lenses in your Oakley sunglasses you’re in luck. Oakley offers prescription lens options for just about every Prizm option in their lineup including Ruby Iridium Polarized and standard. Oakley prescription lenses are generally available in +3.5 to -6.0 sphere strength and 5 to -5.0 in Cylinder. Check out our complete guide to Oakley prescription glasses here for more information! […]

Ha, funny I just made another thread about this before.
I know for 100% certainty that Lens Crafters can order Authentic Oakley lenses.
I just got two of my Fuel Cells and a Whisker done through them.
So what they did with mine, was they took the model number (let's use the Fuel Cell) which is OO9096, ran it through their directory and was able to find it. If you want to be 100% sure, go by the model number, because sometimes they won't know simply by the name "Fuel Cell"
So with that said, I had two of my Fuel Cells done (Fuel Cell Fallout Collection, I had put Rx Fire Iridium Polarized, and the other was the Translucent Blue frames with Prizm Sapphire Polarized), and one pair of Whiskers (Satin Chrome with Prizm Sapphire).
As I mentioned before, aside from the obvious etched watermark "O" at the bottom of the left lens, Oakley also has these ghost "O"s embedded throughout the lens itself. I guess this is their way of ensuring that the lenses in the frames are in fact 100% authentic. It's SUPER hard to see (had no pun intended) but if you play with the angles and lighting properly, you'd be able to see it.

As for my Penny, I would love to have authentic Rx Oakley lenses, but as someone had mentioned before, they're too old and may not be able to do it.
If anyone can provide me with a model number, maybe I can pitch it to my optometrist and pray to the O-Gods that they still can do it!
Hope this helps!

Monkey

Rx Ghost O.jpg

Ha, funny I just made another thread about this before.
I know for 100% certainty that Lens Crafters can order Authentic Oakley lenses.
I just got two of my Fuel Cells and a Whisker done through them.
So what they did with mine, was they took the model number (let's use the Fuel Cell) which is OO9096, ran it through their directory and was able to find it. If you want to be 100% sure, go by the model number, because sometimes they won't know simply by the name "Fuel Cell"
So with that said, I had two of my Fuel Cells done (Fuel Cell Fallout Collection, I had put Rx Fire Iridium Polarized, and the other was the Translucent Blue frames with Prizm Sapphire Polarized), and one pair of Whiskers (Satin Chrome with Prizm Sapphire).
As I mentioned before, aside from the obvious etched watermark "O" at the bottom of the left lens, Oakley also has these ghost "O"s embedded throughout the lens itself. I guess this is their way of ensuring that the lenses in the frames are in fact 100% authentic. It's SUPER hard to see (had no pun intended) but if you play with the angles and lighting properly, you'd be able to see it.

As for my Penny, I would love to have authentic Rx Oakley lenses, but as someone had mentioned before, they're too old and may not be able to do it.
If anyone can provide me with a model number, maybe I can pitch it to my optometrist and pray to the O-Gods that they still can do it!
Hope this helps!

Monkey

View attachment 860820
I stand corrected, you are the first to report these.

Your also 100% correct about Lens Crafters, the right one will find a way if possible. Trust me!

I just noticed mine as well. My others have the actual Rx on them. That is very cool and it takes out the guess work.

Last edited:
[…] Read more about the ordering process and everything to know in our complete Oakley Prescription Glasses and Sunglasses guide. […]

[…] with prescription lenses through Oakley or your local eye […]

[…] Read more in our Oakley Prescription Glasses guide. […]

<strong>... [Trackback]</strong>

[...] There you will find 72491 more Infos: oakleyforum.com/guides/oakley-prescription-glasses-sunglasses-lenses/ [...]

Back