• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley prizim golf prescription glasses help.

Onestoptechshop

Oakley Beginner
I'm looking at buying the prizim lenses in my prescription sun glasses for golf. I'm trying to decide dark golf vs. golf. I live in Las Vegas. Basically sunny all the time but I play alot of late afternoon rounds or early morning rounds when sun is just setting or coming up. So that leads me to think the dark would be better. Main goal for the glasses is to better track ball in flight. I am also wondering what golf ball color will be best contrast for the glasses. Currently play pink balls best contrast without sunglasses. With the rose color of lenses I'm guessing alot of the pink/red is going to be blocked out to allow better contrasts of greens and browns etc. Thanks in advance.

I have used both and Dark Golf is way better. you can get a headache on sunny days with golf only and g3o as I do end up looking up in the afternoons and get glare right through to my brain.

Plain white balls track pretty well as well as green/yellow.

Thanks for the information. The dark are definitely what I was thinking as well. Any idea if the radar EV frames prescription works? Like the uninterrupted lens for golf reasons. Looks like an insert is used?

Sorry, no prescription experience. our resident optical champ should know @Chris A Hardaway
@Onestoptechshop
The sad part is even though we can do RX in a Radar EV pitch or path shape. It's not "uninterrupted". I can make them in limited colors like grey clear or black iridium. And perhaps those in Polarized.
They won't be a "clip in" nor "insert"... but the rx only fills about 75% of the shield / mask. I hope that helps.

Thanks for the tag @dragonvoi

@Onestoptechshop
The sad part is even though we can do RX in a Radar EV pitch or path shape. It's not "uninterrupted". I can make them in limited colors like grey clear or black iridium. And perhaps those in Polarized.
They won't be a "clip in" nor "insert"... but the rx only fills about 75% of the shield / mask. I hope that helps.

Thanks for the tag @dragonvoi
So no golf prizm prescription lenses I guess huh?

Back