• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
Oakley Prizm lenses launched in 2016 and changed sunglasses forever. This contrast-enhancing technology helps to highlight every detail of your environment. And leading the Prizm Everyday lens family is Prizm Black – one of Oakley’s flagship standard lenses.
Keep reading for our complete Oakley Prizm Black review, plus everything to know about this lens.

What is Oakley Prizm Black?
Oakley Prizm Black lenses are part of the Prizm Everyday collection. These lenses are made to provide peak clarity, contrast, and color in day-to-day life.
Prizm lenses filter light in a way that enhances colors and contrast, making details easier to see.
Prizm Black is the darkest lens in the everyday collection with only 11% Visible Light Transmission (VLT)
Prizm Black Benefits

Grey base color keeps colors looking natural
Enhances color, contrast, and detail
Available in prescription and polarized
100% UVA, UVB, and UVC protection from the Plutonite lens material
Excellent...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Really enjoy the enhanced contrast of Prizm Black, but regular Black Iridium definitely has a better mirror if you are into that sort of thing.
I think you are spot on. Prizm black polarized is great for most days, but when I need a lens for really bright sunlight I still think black iridium polarized is the way to go. Just my opinion and am glad Oakley still makes a couple frames with black iridium polarized.

I think you are spot on. Prizm black polarized is great for most days, but when I need a lens for really bright sunlight I still think black iridium polarized is the way to go. Just my opinion and am glad Oakley still makes a couple frames with black iridium polarized.
Yep, I am glad too. I have replacement BI lenses for every interchangable glass I own; I know at some point, Oakley will eventually phase out all of the Iridium lenses and just make everything Prizm so I am making sure to stock up on the best neutral lens color they have ever made IMHO.

Back