• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Prizm Deep Water

Oakleykid

Oakley Beginner
I wanna get some new sunglasses. I'm a rower and I basically need prizm deep water. So far the frames I have seen that have this lenses available are flight jackets, radar evs, m2s, evzeros, and similar sunglasses. My main question is did these lenses ever come out or will they ever come out for the jawbreaker, wind jackets, sutros, or ev zero blades? Or are there any new sports models coming out that might have them? I'm not really into any of the current sports models besides the ones I've listed but so far I cant find prizm deep for any of those. Thanks so much in advance guys.

They've never done DWP in a off the shelf EVZero. You can buy a custom but not as a blade, they are too new. I dont think the Sutro would ever come with a DWP, Its more of an urban cycling style but I could be wrong. Wind jacket 2.0's just started coming out with normal lenses, until recently they only came with snow lenses. They might but i wouldn't bet on it everything for replacements online are snow.

Radar EV and M2 are good choices if you want to get something with a shield lens. As for the rest you mentioned, I don’t see them making Deep water for the Sutros since its an urban cycling kind of frame. And yes, Micah is right, its very difficult to find that lens for A jawbreaker since they only made it for a short period of time. I would also take a look at the Radarlock which is similar to a Radar EV, and do a custom at an O-store. Also look at the Active line of eyewear they have which are less sporty looking. Turbine, Turbine Rotor, Straightlink, Mainlink to name a few. Hope this helps

Most rowers here wear Radars, Radarlocks, Radar EVs or M-frames. You don't really need prizm deep, any polarized somewhat dark lens is fine. I paddle kayaks and even though I have prizm deep I probably use other lenses just as much (black iridium polarized, fire polarized, +Red, grey polarized etc.)

Sometimes polarized lenses make it more difficult to assess waves, but that is more of an issue when ocean kayaking than when rowing or in a race kayak.

Hmm I have spent about an hour or so now searching the internet trying to find any jawbreaker deep water lens for sale. Can't find anything. Any suggestions? Thanks for all the responses so far they have been super helpful.

I agree with NoFaith, DWP is not totally necessary, but if you still really want it in a jaw breaker, I suggest going to your closest Oakley dealer or O-store to see if they can get one for you.

Back